Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

van_guy wrote:
 Barells $10 each

I drove past and got the phone number - 604-464-5451

The barrels have paint residue in them.  

So for you Russ that shouldn't be a problem as you will not be using the water in the barrel for anything other than heat storage.

PC not sure what you had in mind for the barrels - give them a call if you have concerns.

If you can call them this week and you are ok with the residue - let me know I can get upto 6? for you.

VG

Well, thanks VG forlooking into this.. but I cant attempt this yet as Ive started something else with my brother. lol.
Thankyou VERY much for looking into the barrels. Ill keep the number for now, so dont worry about the barrels yet!

Well, the project we started was one that should have been started along time ago, lol. We just shifted  the red toyota that has been sitting in our backyard with no motor and front end damage for the past 4 years lol. So we put it in the garage, bought a clutch kit, and started assembling the drivetrain. We found 3 bee's nests over it and thankfully didnt have the garage doors closed yet when we found them.

Had another buddy drop by yesterday after calling like 20 times from the launching ramp.. his boat wouldnt start. So wouldnt you know it.. he came by after giving up and we ended up checking that thing out for a bit. Not that we minded.. he showed up with beer.

Ok, packing and preparing stuff today... for the venture to teh island tonight.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

van_guy

Russ wrote:
Thankyou VERY much for looking into the barrels. Ill keep the number for now, so dont worry about the barrels yet!

Russ - no problem ...

were the bees in the engine compartment??  i.e. a bee in your bonnet?? ha ha

Sorry - I couldn't pass THAT ONE up

enjoy the island - I am heading over on monday myself.  btw .. I understand that your dad might be keen on joining the power squadron - if he is let me know I can hook him up with my dad (he has been with them for 10?+ years).  My dad would be happy to introduce him around.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Russ

One was in the rotten out exhaust pipe.. one WAS in teh bonnet, lol. And the last was on the front clip, so tecnically in the bonnet.. but the new front clip was sitting on top of the truck.

EDIT: yeah, supposed to be really nice on the island this weekend. I was gonna bring the boat over.. but my brother isnt coming and it would be a waste of money to tow it over and back with only a couple of us.

Lil Me

Folding table and some chairs for the office at work.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

JJ

New beach towels for this sunny summer weather.  :)

Russ

Im buying last minute stuff for the trip. Lotso bug spray with HIGH  Deet.

I also got some ice.. and starfishie was telling me that she read how McDonalds will fill up a cooler full of ice for you, for a donation of money towards their ronald mcdonald foundation.. anyone heard this?

JJ

I've had McDonalds donate ice to my school's fundraiser but I've never gave a donation to there charity for ice.

sockeye salmon  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Gas.

Filled up MrLM's truck.  *ouch*
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Gas.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Filled up MrLM's truck.  *ouch*[/div]
You get used to the cost. But it always hurts.
How do you like the truck? I saw a Suby with a car carrier on the top the other day and thought of you.

I took a wow, when we filled up the boat in Campbell River before we got to and launched in port Hardy. The guy puts premium fuel in it, and it took 380 litres.

Last thing I bought was a coffee at a Chevron in Agassiz

Lil Me

Love the truck- as a passenger.  It's honestly not my fave thing to drive.  

I need my own valet parking attendant.  LOL

I'd rather drive the rice rocket, but MrLM has been parking downtown this week, so he takes it.

I don't miss the Suby.  There was always the doubt whether it was going to make it from A to B in those last few months!  Hate waiting for BCAA, being towed home, and feeling like I'm being ripped off by mechanics...      

P.C.

Nothing worse than not having confidence that your vehicle will get you where you want to go.  

*still waiting for our blasted Taco.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Kitten litter and food.  

Sportsdude

Went to Aldi's bought a lot of food for 30 bucks. I love Aldi's. Aldi's is teh best

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Groceries at Stupidstore.  Also got a first aid kit for the truck.

Actually, the truck needs a first aid kit.  MrLM had a mishap yesterday.

At least I didn't do it this time.

|