Requests for share of will

Started by P.C., Apr 02 09 04:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 [div][em]oh there must be a pic that I can't see. [/em]

Oh that ?  Don't worry about that.  I just posted my naked pic for Gophie.    

Hmmm.  I just noticed Gophie left.   [/div]

I'm back again. Please repost it and this time leave it on the thread just in case I've logged off again.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

P.C. wrote:
 I disagree.  Preying on the elderly is out of bounds IMO.

I never said anything about preying on the elderly. I just wanted to say that it wouldn't hurt to ask money to help ease a bit of suffering in the world. Don't misunderstand me, I do agree that asking money from the elderly folks isn't right but that's not my point.

In the name of charity ?  If you're asking for it....then it isn't charity.  I think it's called begging.

Perhaps you might see it that way but I don't. If people who care for those who need money the most don't do anything, nothing will happen. Begging, pleading.... what do you want the folks at the charity to do? Smile wide and hope for something good to happen? When you see them struggling to help, they have to do whatever it takes to get money into the door and get these folks and animals a chance for survival.

I wonder if you might be missing the point a little bit.  I have no qualms about donating to charity....the operative word being donating...not solicited or extorted.  

I'm not missing the point. It's just a difference of opinion. What does it matter as long as the money goes to charity? I give when I can and I do respect the folks out there who work for charity. It's not easy to get money.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Oh dear, I'm sorry Lise.....I SO didn't mean for that to come off sounding condescending at all.  I thought it sounded like you were thinking that I was against charity.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

No, that's not my point, PC. I never thought you were against charity at all. The thought never even crossed my mind. It's all good. It was a good debate and I take no offence at anything said. (I hope you won't feel like I'm offending you in turn.....)

It's good to talk about these things and get different prespective.  Well..... except with SD because I don't understand him at all!  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

No, that's not my point, PC. I never thought you were against charity at all. The thought never even crossed my mind. It's all good. It was a good debate and I take no offence at anything said. (I hope you won't feel like I'm offending you in turn.....)

It's good to talk about these things and get different prespective.  Well..... except with SD because I don't understand him at all!

I couldn't agree more Lise.....on all points.  

Different perspectives are what make us learn and grow.[/DIV]

P.C.

...oh...and I forgot to add.  I take no offense either.  I'm kinda glad to see some debate.....we're all just too darned agreeable.....LOL

|