Computer repair

Started by Orik, Mar 17 09 12:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

so who do you see when you need a computer repaired or tested.

where do oyu go for older parts if you don't have the money for new

this comes from my need of some replacement parts for some things... got a great acer works wonderfully except that it no longer recognizes anything but one hard drive . 2.8 ghz 800 mhz fsb nice little intel celeron chips set. nothing fancy but it works sort off

grrr... kicks acer... chips great. boards shot...

I can get it to boot on only one ide hd everything else is shot.  looking for bios support now and no idea how i am going to flash it if it wont recognize a cd rom or flobby or usb device..

wonders if i removed the baterry on the board unplugged the power and let sit would that reset the bios ? or will i have to change the jumbers on the board  i know i can reset this asus/ami board..
ive got to try flashing the acer bios to factory settings. if that fails then i need to find another motherboard for it. preferably one that wont cost me to much

lol 8 computers in 9 days. of those 8 parts to build  one. maybe 2, but then it comes down to CPU's lol time to load the shopping cart and haul some of it to the curb.  am i rambling i think i am.. time for eats.

later

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I think I can help.  There is a button on the big rectangular thing that you have to press.  You also have to plug it in the wall and put some other cords in it and plug them in too.  Then when you have done all that, there is a button on the little TV screen that you have to press as well.  Make sure that that one is plugged into a wall too.  Also make sure you have lots and lots and lots of cords and plugs...these make it work.

I hope I have been of some help.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

LOL

thank you for making me laugh PC it helps take my stress away and my mind off of my POS computer ( piece of crap )

sighs.. anyways back to scowering around, calling mates and searching craigslist as well as a few other places other places of ill repute, for what are now, mostly, obsolete parts ...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.