Tax Refund Survey

Started by Lil Me, Apr 09 08 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you going to do with your tax refund?

I don't get one
4 (33.3%)
Pay bills
4 (33.3%)
Add it to savings
3 (25%)
Buy something
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

van_guy

Nice job on the taxes BTW.
I REALLY appreciate it.

You know i would let that slide for 10 years before i got to it.

Tax forms ... gag me with a pitch fork.

I feel somewhat better when 1/2 the appointees for the position of US commerce secretary (or whatever that position was exactly) have screwed up or failed to pay taxes.

Let's see the brightest financial minds in america can't figure it out ... what chance does a hack like me who to Econ 101 and eeked out a passing grade in math 102 have???

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

purelife

I didn't get much this year but it will be going directly into savings.  Mr PL's tax refund is to pay his debt with the gov't. (long story, wasn't his fault)  I'm glad he's getting enough to cover remaining balance.

Lil Me

I had offered to do taxes for a bottle of wine (plus payment of the Quicktax filing fee) but only 1 person took me up on my offer.  I know for a fact that some of my friends do not file their taxes out of sheer laziness (even if they are due for a refund), but I think they are somewhat protective of their financial secrets.  Pretty understandable.  lol

Basically, I was thinking about doing tax prep as a sideline business sometime in the future, and wanted to generate a list of client references.

I've been filing taxes for my family members for years, but that doesn't really count for much...
 Husband, Mom, Dad, Sister, Gramma, Dead Uncle...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Seems like a more than reasonable payment.  And a good way to restock the wine rack.

For your secretive friends.....tell them you'll do it with your eyes closed.  Nothing to worry about.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

I have no secrets I also have no money, lol.

what type of wine do you like is thier any particular brand ie grey monk ?
can u file for 2007 and 2008 i can apply for disabilitie for last years but am wanting to file for the year b4 nvr hurts to try,  even though they did deny my disability on the grounds that i can work :( yeah i will be able to return to work but what do i do in 1 week when my ei runs out gulp... things r tight now... no gift buying i would use my refunds to save buy food hire a person of strang body to move my living room to the kitchen so i can clean it grrr.. im rambling and lost my mind back later if i can find it...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Msg me with your details, Orik.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|