Seattle Music Scene

Started by None, Feb 24 09 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

None

Sportsdude wrote:
Depends what you're looking for out here. If you like the idea of getting to other cities on a whim like you can in Toronto, Vancouver is just a tad isolated in that regard. If you're looking for a nature getaway on the weekends then this is the place.  The pace here is really slow and relaxed, the area has a 'Sunday afternoon stroll' atmosphere where literally its Sunday afternoon 365 days a year, if you get the metaphor.  

If you're looking for tranquillity, then BC is probably the place to be, when the sun is out people I've noticed and including myself tend to get this feeling of wow and amazement (at sunsets especially) like they've lived there whole life underground and are going above ground for the first time in their life to sounds of angel choirs and the heavens singing. At least that's what I see and feel. In that regard I always feel like I'm on vacation 24/7 especially when I come in contact with nature. This nirvana-ish type atmosphere gets greater away from Vancouver I've felt. The island is one giant lsd trip for me.

Yes the island looks pretty. As for Vancouver, it seems like it would be ok. From the people I met from there, they say it isn't as easy to get out to nature as it seems. Weekends of jammed packed highways trying to escape the city. Exhausted by the time you get anywhere. But, a heck of a lot closer than me. Toronto has a nice park system. don't worry, I won't even compare to the nature of BC.

Violet

any metal fans here?
You're my boy Blue!!!