Massages and Manicures etc

Started by P.C., Feb 23 09 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Not sure Miss purelife.  Sawdust said he'd call for an appointment yesterday....but he was swamped at work and didn't quite get around to it.  He went a while back....his first massage as well....and he said it was wonderful.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

carrie.b

Awww, a massage at a more medical type of facility is nothing like a massage from a proper spa. BTW, some high end spas do employ RMTs, so you can claim part of the cost with your insurance provider :)

I'm sure you will enjoy it anyway - just tell your therapist that it's your first time and they will help put you at ease. But honestly, do yourself a favor and book yourself (or get your husband) a massage at a spa - there's nothing more relaxing and rejuvinating than an hour long massage followed by a steam....

P.C.

Thanks Carrie (and welcome by the way)

I'm not sure what this place would be classified as.  It's not a medical facility, but not a spa.  Is there something in between ?  I can't wait.  It's Monday.  

stretchedout

If it isn't an RMT then cancel it.  Presumably you or your husband work and have extended health coverage.  Such plans only cover RMTs and some require a referral from an MD.  Nobody massages better than an RMT and given it will be free (remimbursement claim), don't pay for other massages until you've used up your yearly maximum on the plan.  Only then does it make sense to pay for massages, but you might as well just keep on going to the RMT that you will have developed a relationship with.  
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

It is an RMT.  (I had to ask hub, as I know nothing about these matters)   He has been to this person, and said it was wonderful.

stretchedout

Check your group benefits booklet.  You may need a referral, which usually has to be the same date as the receipt for the first massage, or earlier.  Also, check the booklet for the yearly maximum and the co-insurance.  I'm going to have many massages this month all covered 100%.  

P.C.

No....we don't need referrals either.....100% coverage.        

Lise

Right on! I'll say it again, you're very lucky! I wish I had coverage that covers massages.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

stretchedout

What's your annual maximum P.C.?  

P.C.

Not sure stretch.  I thought at first it was unlimited....but not so sure about that.

P.C.

So....it wasn't Monday. It's today !  I'm so excited that I need a massage just to calm down.

Michel

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

relaxed

The first time I got a massage, I looked through the headrest, the masseuse's feet were so pretty they gave me an erection.

When she asked me to flip over, I was terrified that she'd see my erection.

She saw it and gasped. I thought that she was going to kick me out thinking that I was only there to get my kicks from getting a massage, but she kept on massaging and everything was ok.

:)    

DDD

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

|