Gov Gen thinks Vancouver is in the Rocky Mountains

Started by Sportsdude, Feb 13 09 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
  I thought you'd like that one.

I kind of agree with None.  We seem to get some kind of demented pleasure in criticizing the Americans for not knowing Canadian Geography, and yet I suspect many of us are equally clueless about the States.

*yes SD...I know you know more about Canadian geography than most (if not all) Canadians.

Ah no worries, some people think its cool, others think I'm a secret spy infiltrating Canadian society or some are completely floored that I completely change their life view and they have this sort of rebirth awakening and announce on the radio that they've ran into some sort of messianic human being and I become an urban legend. (not kidding, I avoid women who work at college radio stations to this day). lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You change their life view on geography ?    How do you change a life view on geography ?   What IS a life view on geography ?  [img height=20 src="http://www.pogo.com/images/chat/stare.gif" width=20 border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Human Geography encompasses all art faculties.  

One people have the perception that Americans don't know anything about the outside world and pompus asses, and then they run into me, of course they'd faint. lol

I mean the girl met me when I was wearing my Canadiens t-shirt and Roots hoodie, talked to her about Canadian politics, culture, life, society, history etc for a good 45 minutes. She then ran down to the station and proclaimed live on the radio about the mysterious American in the Habs t-shirt who changed her view of the world and her life.

None

Sportsdude wrote:

One people have the perception that Americans don't know anything about the outside world and pompus asses, and then they run into me, of course they'd faint. lol

Really? I have met some very well educated, worldy Americans.

Sportsdude

Well the stereotype is out there, and I've dealt with it on many occasions. First night in Canada I thought I was going to get jumped when I walked up and ordered pizza at this one place. I said I was from Vancouver for a while until I knew it was safe. lol

Violet

Sportsdude wrote:
Well the stereotype is out there, and I've dealt with it on many occasions. First night in Canada I thought I was going to get jumped when I walked up and ordered pizza at this one place. I said I was from Vancouver for a while until I knew it was safe. lol

thats weird? you sound paranoid.

i know all about stereotypes. i have been called an American for living in the Toronto area? Toronto is as Canadian as anywhere else in Canada. Also, I am supposed to be some nightlife freak, wearing ultra hip clothes. we are a blue collar family. I wear casual sports clothes usually. give me a pub and a game of darts with Metallica playing on the juke.
You're my boy Blue!!!

Violet

Sportsdude wrote:

I mean the girl met me when I was wearing my [FONT size=4]Canadiens[/FONT] t-shirt and Roots hoodie, talked to her about Canadian politics, culture, life, society, history etc for a good 45 minutes. She then ran down to the station and proclaimed live on the radio about the mysterious American in the Habs t-shirt who changed her view of the world and her life.

Pffft...a Habs shirt!!??

You're my boy Blue!!!

P.C.

I can't imagine a 45 minute conversation, with a complete stranger no less, that could change my world and my life.  

Violet

pc, maybe if they were a really good hypnotist. HA.

sportsdude, if i met an american that knew Canadian geography, and politics very in depth. I would think "ok, so he (or she), likes to read, neat", and continue on with my other thoughts of how much I can't wait to get home and have a hot bath.
You're my boy Blue!!!

P.C.

Violet

You're my boy Blue!!!

P.C.

LOL....but even she'd have to talk awful fast to change my world in 45 minutes.

P.C.

Well, now that you mention it....I WAS transformed after I saw your zoom.  [img onclick="selecte('blush.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/blush.gif" border=0]

|