Advice please

Started by Sparkleface, Jan 21 09 01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Sparkleface

Michel-  Yeah, Im sort of wondering if this one is a bit of a scam. I read some things about people saying that they traveled very far to go there but when they got there they were informed the school didnt have enough students so they couldn't attend, after that person paying all the money, stuck there and the school refusing to pay her back, saying she would have to wait for next year. Lots of stories like that which worries me.  
Oh Hai.=3

JJ

I do know one thing they didn't want to take no for an answer.  They send her info for 5 years even knowing she choose another institution.  

Michel

Michel

Sparkleface

JJ-Yeah, they seem like that to me. Only the other day I stumbled upon their site and requested a little info about the school. Today, she called me. Mom thought it was a little odd that she would call me, and she is almost rushing me to apply. Saying I should apply now and send a application, along with 500 dollars because if not the price was going up...  
Oh Hai.=3

Sparkleface

Michel- Thanks, yeah Maybe I'll try finding a different place closer by. I'll just have to make up an excuse to tell her because she was really nice to me and I'd feel bad. lol.^^  
Oh Hai.=3

Michel

Michel

Sparkleface

Michel- Lol. Yeah me too. I'll wait and pretend to think about it and make up an excuse so it looks like I wanted to go but something came up. That way she wont hate me also.=) I just cant be rude to people.. Makes me feel like crap.  
Oh Hai.=3

Michel

Sparkleface

Michel- Even if people are scam artists and are pretending to be nice to me I still would feel bad about saying no or dissapointing them. I be a pushover. lol.^^^^^^^ But Im good at making excuses. YAY.  
Oh Hai.=3

Lil Me

I have a relative who attended Blanche McDonald (make up artistry).  From what I understand, it's a good school.  But I wonder if you can find an equivalent school that it closer to home- Toronto, Montreal, or in the eastern US.

Vancouver is awfully far from Newfoundland.  With the high cost of travel, you probably wouldn't get to go home much :(

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sparkleface

Yeah, I doubt I would get home at all. I would need every cent for the school. I dont think I would ever be brave enough to go there myself anyways...hmmm I kinda wonder why I thought I would be....Maybe I had alot of coffee that day. Lol.  
Oh Hai.=3

Michel

|