The Pattullo Bridge is on fire???

Started by P.C., Jan 18 09 06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); height=109 src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" width=112 border=0].
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

no no PC the fires out hours ago but some time about the time sportsdude stopped posting just after 3 am... some one may have set it on fire... they don't know if it is a arson yet. they are just calling it a suspicious fire with 1 person arrested.

however police say that person has nothing to do with the fire... so who knows.. and at least 6 to 8 weeks to repair the bridge... new alternate routes r needed now that the bridge is compromised... wow talk about a simple terrorist act burn a bridge cause mass chaos...    
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Morning news reports that LOTS more people are taking Skytrain this morning.

Good luck to anyone trying to drive the Alex Fraser this week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Ya, but we can spend a quarter million on a stump that's been dead for 2 hundred years.

P.C.

Tis.

Eyes are closinggggggg.............[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/n020.gif" border=0] G'night..

Michel

Sportsdude

TransLink says the fire may have been started by homeless people, who were huddled under the trestle and lit a candle to keep warm. The area was blocked by a chainlink fence, but Hardie said "there were signs that people got in."

In this fog and the wetness one candle doesn't wet huge industrialize blocks of wood unless that was one giant candle.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

That sucks to hear the bridge caught fire. Word has it that'll take 6 weeks to re-build it. Happy communiting - NOT.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

SD wrote:  In this fog and the wetness one candle doesn't wet huge industrialize blocks of wood unless that was one giant candle...........

.......or unless the huge industrialized  blocks of wood are soaked in creosote.    

Lil Me

Heard the hilarious comment that the Hollow Tree could be used as a new support beam for the Pattullo bridge.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL....Now THAT'S economical thinking.