Lunch Places Downtown

Started by Lil Me, Oct 24 07 08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

It's the quarter chicken with the drumstick and another part...not sure if it's called the thigh?

They looked baked with herbs.  I didn't try it but will get it another time.  They also had ribs and other meat to go with your two side dishes.

I think you'll find it very filling, Michel.

Michel

purelife

I did a more thorough walk in there to examine almost every aisle.   Many, maybe all items are highly overpriced because you can find the same thing at Stupidstore for a HUGE fraction of the cost.  But, UF is catering to the rich upstairs and surrounding area.

Did you know that Jackie Chan was seeking out that Shangri-La condo?  He doesn't own one but rumours had it that he was looking.

Michel

Lise

Sushi cafe opposite the Bay, downtown. It's not too bad - just avoid those darn lunch crowd.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Orik

Lunch today was at the APPLEDELI at the corner of Davey and Hornby
 here are some pics of a nice little lunch spot not to cheap but not to expensive either. the price per person  is from  4 to 10 dollars.
 [font color="midnightblue" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"][span class="spnMessageText" id="msg"][/span][/font]

[font color="midnightblue" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"][span class="spnMessageText" id="msg"][/span][/font]
 the out side looks nice right  

now look at the inside

it has a nice rustic interior with well placed mirrors to make it look larger and the mirrors give it such nice lighting all the stained glass is just beautiful, my poor little camera just doesn't give justice too the beauty of this place.

the lunch menu.
 [font color="midnightblue" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"][span class="spnMessageText" id="msg"][/span][/font][font color="midnightblue" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"][span class="spnMessageText" id="msg"][/span][/font]    

i myself had the chicken salad sandwich with all the veggies  

it was a most excellent and filling lunch. the classic music was wonderful, this is a lovely place to de-stress while enjoying a healthy and a tasty lunch. the lady's making and serving the lunch were 2 sweet mature Koreans their English was excellent, just like the food.

[img style="width: 519px; height: 207px;" src="http://i39.tinypic.com/imulhg.jpg[/img]

will i return here? you bet i will. there's other sandwiches to try yet.

the appledeli is located at 849 Davey street

hope you all enjoy your lunch as much as i did.

Due to a change in Photo storage I lost some pictures and had to remove the links. If i can find them I will return the photos here again

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

49er

Turkey $5.50

Bacon & Cheese $5.50

Egg Salad $5.00

Crab Meat $5.50

I would select Crab Meat all day

anyway pretty expensive for deli sandwiches.........for the prices I would expect hot hofbrau sandwiches

Orik

it's probably the imitation crab meat made from red snapper and not real crab meat 49er... yes it is fairly expensive... mind you pretty much everywhere you go in this city these days is so over priced...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

purelife

Michel wrote:
I tried to go to the new place Urban Fare with a colleague, but there was too many people The place is very pretty

Did you see the bamboo up those stairs outside of the Fare?  Aren't they just pretty too?  Urban Fare sure is pretty..... All it's missing is a fireplace.    

Michel

Sportsdude

I went to the food court at Pacific Centre. I guess that counts.
There's this cheap Thai place on Davie.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
I went to the food court at Pacific Centre. I guess that counts.

Counts for what, SD?

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.