Christmas Channel

Started by Lise, Dec 05 08 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

That's for playing that horrible Rock 101 and [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c0ff80"]JR Country Crap music[/FONT] to me.

LOL Lise.  I think there is a definite call for retaliation here.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Hey thanks!! The reason why I asked is so that when it's MY turn to turn on the radio at work, I'm going to blast everyone's ears with Christmas music. That's for playing that horrible Rock 101 and JR Country Crap music to me.  

Uh, lol Lise. I listen regularly to 101, 96.9 and 99.3. I also listen to 93.7 on occasion. I grew up listening to country music and classic rock.

Believe me.. you will have everyone crying for mercy with teh xmas music

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I hate hate hate hate hate mainstream country music for the most part. Its not even 'country' music, its easy listening soapy pop songs sung with a southern accent that half the people singing don't even have.

If it comes out of Nashville there's about 5 writers who write everyone's songs in that city and they're all in the same soapy dopey format. 'Nashville sound' aka love songs with fake or over exaggerated accents.

I physically can't listen to country music in the city, it just feels weird. Although when I'm out in the rural areas I tend to listen to the music I always listen to, its spacey and I find that mood better when going down a country back road.

country music is only good in lively bars in the South. lol From my own personal experience. This one time in Mississippi was a good example of that, it just felt right. Country music non soapy love song stuff was made for bars/taverns/pubs.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Country music really somehow fits in perfectly on certain occasions.  Can't put my finger on it...but sometimes it's downright sexy [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif[/img].....and other times (most other times) it makes me want to stuff a bale of cotton in my ears.  When asked, my automatic response is always.....'I hate it'....but then I say, 'except for so and so, and so and so, and so and so.  So I guess I don't really hate it.  (I just hate most of it )

I would never listen to it on purpose.  (except Johnny Cash and John Hiatt)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I don't mind the occasional country music but when you're pulling a 10 hour shift, it kinda gets on your nerve. I can't even play my classical music because they claimed it's 'counter productive thus puts everyone to sleep.' ARGH!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Me too P.C. I knew somebody who is a big Wilco fan (alt country) and he'd try to get me to listen to their stuff while we were driving around somewhere. I drove me bonkers. It's not driving music in the city or driving music at all in my opinion. Play it at a bar or something then it sounds good. lol

You listen to classical Lise? That's what we listen to while eating dinner at my house. Then my cousin moved in, hated it and wanted to listen to her 80s pop music. pffft

Lise

After so much garbage at work, I look forward to listening something else. Just anything that doesn't twitch  my central nerve. So classical (no Tchaikosky for the moment plz!) music is my chi for the moment.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

classical music, get a fire going (or just turn on the gas one lol)