Jack FM Christmas Wish Breakfast Dec 3

Started by Lil Me, Dec 02 08 08:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Oh wow P.C. that's really cool!

Wait, which Hotel Vancouver, the old one or the new one..  just kidding.

It'd of been nice for Vancouver if they didn't tear down the old one, instead of the Sears building we'd have this:

hey lets draft a petition to bring it back. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

That is really cool P.C.  That building must be very special to you?

ADD: I know the lounge you're talking about purelife....I walked through a while ago and couldn't believe how faaaaaancy it is now with nice lighting, too.  It used to be called The Timber Club (maybe it still is...) and it had dark wood panelling and wooden carvings.  There was a large wooden bear at the entrance. I remember going into the lobby when I was probably 2 with my mom- drove downtown to meet my dad after a meeting.  Mom went to drag my dad out of the bar (lol) while I waited at the outside by the bear.  There were these chocolate squares in the bar, wrapped in gold foil.  My dad's co-workers gave me a bunch of them.  I remember crying and spitting one into a kleenex, as it was TOOO MINTY for my wee taste buds.  After that, we got something to eat at the restauarnt- used to be called The Spanish Grill.  I used to repeat the names of these places- Hotel Vancouver, Timber Club, Spanish Grill....loved the sounds of the words.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awww, that's a sweet story Lil Me.  Funny the things that we pull out of the corners of our minds to remember.  That building is special to me.  I actually have some old yellowed mail to my mom addressed to the Hotel.  They had a call out a few years back for ANY old memorabilia of the hotel for a display they were putting on.  I never made it there to see it.  I wonder if they'd ever do that again.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Might be nice to go back for your birthday one year.  Request the same room?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol.....we've talked about it for years.  I wonder if they'd think about giving it to me for the same price as then.  Hmmmmm

P.C.

So...did anybody go to this event ?

Russ

P.C. wrote:
So...did anybody go to this event ?

i didnt. i forgot about it to be truthful.. and missed it

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims