Advice- Xmas on the Cheap

Started by Lil Me, Nov 28 08 02:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Thanks for all the wonderful Xmas ideas.  I have emailed them to my friend :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Like PC said, there are tons of craft ideas from Dollarama. For $10, you can easily spend on beads, feathers, felt stickers etc etc. This would be idea for a little girl. I've done it so many times that it never gets tiring. There are also hair accessories that are perfect.

Unsure for the boy. I've never had to buy presents for a boy so am clueless as to what a boy would want.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Like PC said, there are tons of craft ideas from Dollarama. For $10, you can easily spend on beads, feathers, felt stickers etc etc. This would be idea for a little girl. I've done it so many times that it never gets tiring. There are also hair accessories that are perfect.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Unsure for the boy. I've never had to buy presents for a boy so am clueless as to what a boy would want.[/div]  
 BB Gun or slingshot. Something safe like that.

LM: You had me howling with your other reply. SS was looking at me across the room wondering what was wrong with me.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
BB Gun or slingshot. Something safe like that.
 --
 LOL.  For a 4year old?!  You're going to raise one heckuva Dennis the Menace, Russ!

Went shopping with my friend today.  She's pretty pleased.  Got some cheapo stocking stuffers in the bargain bin at Michaels, went to the Dollar Store, plus she found some toys and games on sale at Zellers.  And her Hubby the Grinch won the Xmas draw at work, so he gave her more $ to spend.  Plus he's taking her shopping again on Fri.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

She should get diamond earrings. Diamonds are a girl's best friend.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

buy 2 plastic toy army men sets wrap them both let him play war :D

make one green and one red army men.... should be easy enough

but if u want true cheap do what i do have no family no one to buy for or gift to then

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:

LOL.  For a 4year old?!  You're going to raise one heckuva Dennis the Menace, Russ!

LOL! I stand corrected. I kept thinking in my mind.. almost ten, almost ten. 4 is FAR too early for a bb gun.

I must admit after thinking about it, maybe even thats too early, I cant remember when I got my bb gun, but I do remember shooting my brother at some point. I didnt see again for YEARS.

Lil Me

lol, like the "You'll shoot your eye out..." warning to Ralphie in A Christmas Story.  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
lol, like the "You'll shoot your eye out..." warning to Ralphie in A Christmas Story.  

ha! very true. Didn think of it like that really.