Started by P.C., Nov 05 08 10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I'd buy the wrong shade of white paint.
That's my painting expertise.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

Doesn't all paint need curing time, P.C.? I've inadvertantly washed paint off (latex on latex) when it's not fully cured.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

there's only one white I believe. Anyway that's the joke.  

Michel

Lil Me

I've also removed the tape too fast....and removed the paint.
 I'm a lousy painter.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Yes Lil Me....you are right.....it does need curing time.  And the paint I washed off this morning only had 24 hours....but I also painted a test over a swatch of latex....that one survived the wash.  I think I'm going to have to spring for the KILZ.  Damn.  It's expensive and it stinks.

* SD.....there are 100's.....probably 1000's of shades of white.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Russ

I did a double take after I clicked on this thread. I throught it said Palins Confusion.

Last time we painted a room we got lazy. We taped off the windows and around the doorsills. Covered the carpet then brought in our paintgun we use for painting vehicles and air painted the room. came out pretty damn good.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Yes Lil Me....you are right.....it does need curing time.  And the paint I washed off this morning only had 24 hours....but I also painted a test over a swatch of latex....that one survived the wash.  I think I'm going to have to spring for the KILZ.  Damn.  It's expensive and it stinks.

* SD.....there are 100's.....probably 1000's of shades of white.

oh sweet! I can use this joke at Home Depot now.
me: I want white paint
paint dude: what kind
me: white
pd: what kind
me: white paint I know you have it

hahaha

Michel

Lil Me

I love the Russ shortcuts!  Did you airbrush flames on the wall as well?!

P.C.- I think you can buy a 1/2 can of Kilz.  Or I have a mostly full can here that I'm probably not going to use.  Are you wanting to paint this room asap, or can it wait for a few weeks?  My in-laws are coming over the weekend of Nov 22 and I can send the paint home with them.

Michel

P.C.

Lil Me.....how thoughtful.  No, I'm not painting right away.  Company for dinner on Saturday, so it would not be a good idea to tear the kitchen apart....lol  

(are you talking gallon or quart ? )
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|