Obama WINS

Started by TehBorken, Nov 05 08 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Or Bush won South Carolina in 2000 primary against McCain (turning the primary in his favour) for calling him unpatriotic/traitor in ads and saying that he fathered a black child...

Media is already calling this a revolution. This is a movement more than just a win. He's got something like 65million people email addresses etc. We'll see what he does but I have a feeling he won't be tepid in domestic policy. Remember the biggest drain on the economy is Iraq. They've got a surplus, there's no need for the US to be giving them money. He said that about a billion times during the campaign.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I've got nothing to add but I'm just glad he won. I think he deserve it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hub just had a good point.  It's not all just about numbers and percentages.  

What about the hope that it has inspired in a great portion of people who never had that kind of hope.  What about what it has done towards breaking down some of the racial barriers.  What about the feeling around the world towards a country who has managed to alienate themselves to so many.  I'm not even American, but even I feel the shift towards hopefulness and positivity.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Me too.  I finally watched The Speech on youtube today.  

I don't get the Republican backlash- all those people who don't support Obama because he's "too liberal".  Huh?  Compared with Canadian policy, his stance is pretty right-wing.  I guess it's all relative.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

lol "right wing" lol

Obama is more liberal than Harper.
Conservative Party of Canada is almost there to the Republicans on the political compass chart.
Liberal Party of Canada has drifted rightward to to the same place as the Democratic Party.

stop drinking canadian kool aid. :)
This isn't the Trudeau years.

Michel

Sportsdude

politicalcompass.org

'05 Candian Federal Election

'04 Presidential

Michel

Sportsdude

it's not a left right scale. That's too restrictive. Its done by a bunch of political scientists.
Well the political compass people are pretty big these days.

Michel

Sportsdude

well its based on these tests. I always take the test and come out an anarchist. Everyone takes this test that I know of, they teach it in class.  

Michel

Sportsdude

yeah according to that I am to the left of Ghandi.

Michel

|