Wide screen TV

Started by P.C., Oct 13 08 09:50

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

49er wrote:  You will be a convert once you watch a DVD on a giant LCD or plasma

I agree 49er.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with quantity. It really is all about quality.  The things that I like to watch on TV didn't change one bit.  Picture clarity and quality will never make garbage TV any more watchable to me.....just the shows that you like to watch, will be a better experience. (this coming from someone who didn't care one way or the other)  Watching a nature show in HD is a thing of beauty.  [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Watching a nature show in HD is a thing of beauty.

Was the nature show already in HD on Shaw?  

49er

[H2]Flat-panel TV prices set to dive, analysts say (AP)[/H2] [UL] [LI class=meta]Posted on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15PM EDT [/LI][/UL] NEW YORK - A combination of weak consumer spending and a peak in manufacturing capacity will push prices for [SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1224101728_0]flat-panel TVs[/SPAN] down to unprecedented lows this holiday season, according to analysts.

David Barnes, analyst at NPD Group's DisplaySearch unit, said prices look set to decrease rapidly starting on "[SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1224101728_1]Black Friday[/SPAN]," the day after [SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1224101728_2]Thanksgiving[/SPAN], and lasting through next year.............[A href="http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/tec_techbit_hdtvs"]Link[/A]

Michel

purelife

Michel wrote:
Oh crap if mine could blow,

Does that mean no more glory hole visits?

Michel

P.C.

Yes purelife.....the National Geographic Channel is in HD.  It's beeeeUtiful.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.