M & M Meatshops

Started by Lise, Oct 09 08 10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

stretchedout

I don't know about prices at butcher shops.  I don't care about prices when I'm supporting a local Mum and Pop business.  Having a relationship with the owner/operator is worth more to me than "saving" 20% or whatever and being just a number, consuming mass produced grade A ready for the peasants meat.

There are two cooks but the lady seems to usually dominate.  She's better at cooking more things, but what I cook she says is the best.  Love is blind!  Or is it?
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

I suppose not everybody is in that snack bracket, where they can blow off 20% savings.  However, I agree.....there is always something to be said for your local butcher or baker or produce shop.  [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

stretchedout

I just threw 20% out there.  I don't know if one pays more or less.  But what is quality worth?  If only more people (Catlickers for example) would learn to use birth control and then they could eat better!

purelife

stretchedout wrote:
I don't care about prices when I'm supporting a local Mum and Pop business.  

I wish that I didn't have to care about prices like yourself when it comes to shopping at Butchers.

stretchedout

Food is very important.  Skimp on other things, but not on food.

Lil Me

I love my mom and pop butcher shop.  The prices are actually good if you buy the "specials of the week".  However, I don't often go there becauase I'm lazy....easier to get everything from Costco.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Some butchers sell the better grade of meats......therefore they will be more expensive than chain stores.  Costco sells USDA Choice grade beef, far better than the Select grade sold at Safeways

P.C.

Costco meats are no bargain.  But they ARE good meats.

Van

I am not a big fan of M&M meatshop. I tried their shepherd's pie, HORRIBLE. Their cabbage rolls tasted like nothing but salt. I guess when you take the time to cook and prepare your own meals, places liek M&M's don't make the cut.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

I'm off to get Costco meat today.
 I like the bulk packs of "bargain meats"- ground beef, ground turkey, pot roasts, chicken parts, etc.

Crockpot season is starting this week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Crockpot season is starting this week.

So it's official then.  

Lil Me

*raises the crock pot flag*
 *fires pistol*

Bought a pile of bargain meats with my Costco rebate cheque.

P.C.

Excellent Lil Me !

What kind of membership do you need for the Costco rebate ?

Russ

What sorts of recipes do you do miss LM?
I like doing spagball type with red wine.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Soup, spag sauce, chili, etc.
 I found a crock pot meatloaf that I want to try.
 Tomorrow, I'm doing a "Coke roast" in the crock pot....a can of coke, a package of onion soup mix and some veggies is supposed to make a nice gravy.  We'll see.

I have the Exc membership at Costco.  I've had one for a couple years now.  At the very least, it pays for itself.  I think 49er gets a substantial rebate cheque, if I remember correctly.

|