Is it okay to burn photos onto cds when you have a virus?

Started by stretchedout, Oct 04 08 09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

stretchedout

And isn't that why we back up data?  Hard drives crash.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

Booksmarts prices seem to be cheaper.....prices listed for 40 page books, are close to Picaboos price for a 20 page book.  You can make it as many pages as you'd like....and of course the selection of page layouts hold from one to 20 photos.

The book I just ordered was a 40 page book, which came to 69 bucks.....but they always have 'specials'....as they did when I ordered this one (which was 50% off)  which brough the total to $44 including shipping and handling.  I can check later how many photos actually went into it, but it's safe to say you could easily get anywhere up to a couple hundred photos in a book....depending on how you want to set it up.

Picaboo has a broader selection of page layouts and backgrounds than Booksmart.

One feature of Booksmart (which made me think of you Michel), is that once you have put together a book, you can put it out there in their 'Book Store' section, for sale.

I'm working toward having ALL my photos in books.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Michel wrote:  Hum, far from there in my intentions.

I know. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]   I'm just so envious of your beautiful collection of wildlife photos.    

P.C.

[img onclick="selecte('honorhim.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/honorhim.gif" border=0]                                                               .

TehBorken

I think the best thing to do is to archive them onto thumbdrives. You can get 8Gb drives for ~$20 and 16Gb for ~$40. Or, get an external HD...500Gb for $100 to $150 or so.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

TehBorken wrote:
I think the best thing to do is to archive them onto thumbdrives. You can get 8Gb drives for ~$20 and 16Gb for ~$40. Or, get an external HD...500Gb for $100 to $150 or so.

Agree. This is what I do. I got a 250 gb from Costco. 500 is cheap now.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Oh dear.  Now I'M becoming Skeptic Cat.  I want mine on good ol fashioned paper.  I'm afeared, I'm afeared.  

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Oh dear.  Now I'M becoming Skeptic Cat.  I want mine on good ol fashioned paper.[/SPAN]

What is this "paper" you speak of?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

lol....Well, I've done a little research...and I understand, that this is the first form of digital photo storage in all mankind's history.  

*young whippersnipper wizeguy  [img onclick="selecte('stern.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/stern.gif[/img]

|