What is your least favourite chore?

Started by Gopher, Oct 02 08 11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Oh yea, forgot about the ol toilet.....a definite yuk task.  

Cleaning out the fridge is a bit of a nuisance too.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I think that I might be the only one here who doesn't mind cleaning the toilet.     I like cleaning the bathroom.

What are some chores that you like doing?

For me, my fav is laundry.  

P.C.

I like vacuuming and ironing.  I think I like vacuuming, because it seems to be one of those things that has big, instant results from very little effort.  I may like ironing for the same reason.....not sure.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I know what you mean about seeing instant results from vacumming.  I'm always amazed with how much dust/dirt it sucks up after a week.

With laundry, I like watching the laundry swoosh in the washer...I lift it up just to watch sometimes... and I like the fresh smell after I hang it outside.  

Lise

Toilet and ironing. The bane of my existence!

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

anything to do with bathroom cleaning.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

I'll keep vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom because I'm repulsed by the consequences of letting these jobs slide...

but the clean laundry will build up into large mountains before I summon the urge to fold it.
 Ditto filing, taking recycling on the bottle depot, emptying the dishwasher...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

You know, I have never ironed. Any khakis etc, I let the dryer iron them. As for dress clothes, the dry cleaners dry them. But most days I am in a t-shirt and jeans so no ironing required for me. I wouldn't even know how to do it. I would most likely burn down my home!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Same here Van.  I haven't ironed for YEARS and don't plan to.  

It doesn't bother me if my dress shirt is a tad bit wrinkly... I just wear a vest over it. :)

Russ

I know how to iron but Im far too lazy.

I instead do the dryer thing like Van.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims