Watches

Started by lalala, Oct 01 08 10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

My watch is almost the same as purelife's!  I have the silver/gold.  I bought it at London Drugs.

I wear my watch out of habit.  I'm used to having it on my wrist, and it feels weird if I go out without it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I can get pretty close by reading shadow.....but mostly only in my own yard.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
I wear my watch out of habit.  I'm used to having it on my wrist, and it feels weird if I go out without it.

Me too!  I feel partly naked without it.

Lil Me

My watch never has the correct date on it, because I'm too lazy to set it properly.  It assumes that every month has 31 days, and you need to manually wind through 25 hours to bypass each extra day.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

If you have the same watch as me, Lil Me, I just pull the tab out just a wee bit, not enough to stop time and it changes the date.  

P.C.

I feel partly naked when I forget my pants. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

purelife

Your pants or panties?

Gopher

Knowing PC's memory, I imagine it's both.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
If you have the same watch as me, Lil Me, I just pull the tab out just a wee bit, not enough to stop time and it changes the date.
 --
 unfortunately that doesn't work for the old version.

P.C.

Knowing PC's memory, I imagine it's both.

Did I tell you about that before ?[/DIV]

lalala

I have always been a watch person and I feel naked without one.  When I had to get my watch repaired I was without one for 10 days... I put a watch that didn't even work so I didn't feel naked.

It's also not whether a clock is available, a watch is still wayyy more convenient.  I pretty much require one for my job as I'm always dealing with guests.  I don't want to run to the nearest computer just to find out what the time is... that is a waste of my time and the guests.  My job also isn't a computer job so it's important for me to have one.

Marik, I love Movado watches for the same reasons that you like them... the minimalist look - classic and simple.  I don't know if they're in my price range though.  

Lil Me

I lost my watch 3 days ago :(
 I think I left it at the gym.
 Meanwhile, I'm using the clock on my cell phone.

purelife

I hope you find it or get a replacement soon.  You must really feel nekid!  

When I was younger (age 10/11), I accidentally left my watch in a pocket.  Well, after the washer/dryer process, I found my watch in pieces... Back then, I was devasted... poor watch... I killed my watch...

Michel

Lil Me

I found my watch today at the taekwondo gym.
 Not feeling naked anymore!

|