Incoming Big Virus?

Started by Lise, Sep 15 08 05:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I have this in my email this morning. Is it genuine?

[FONT face=Tahoma size=2][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; 10pt: "][/SPAN][/FONT]

[FONT face=Tahoma size=2][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; 10pt: "][/SPAN][/FONT]
 [/DIV][/DIV]

[FONT face="Arial Black" size=7][SPAN]Big Virus Coming![/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=6][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]

[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=5][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 18pt: "]VERY IMPORTANT - BIG VIRUS COMING! PLEASE READ & FORWARD . . .[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Tahoma color=blue size=2][SPAN style="COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; 10pt: "]
[/SPAN][/FONT]
[FONT face=Tahoma size=2][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; 10pt: "]snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp[/SPAN][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial size=6][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]

[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=5][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 18pt: "]Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked Snopes (URL above:), and it is for real!!
Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.
PLEASE FORWARD
THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS![/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=red size=6][SPAN style="COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]

You should be alert during the next few days. [/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face="Arial Black" color=red size=7][SPAN style="COLOR: red; 36pt: "]
[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face="Arial Black" color=red size=6][SPAN style="COLOR: red; 24pt: "]Do not open any message with an attachment
entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,'[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=red size=6][SPAN style="COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]
regardless of who sent it to you.[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=6][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]

[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=5][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 18pt: "]It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD! ,' even though sent to you by a friend,
do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately![/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face="Arial Black" size=7][SPAN]

[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face="Arial Black" size=6][SPAN]This is the worst virus announced by CNN.[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=6][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 24pt: "]
[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=5][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; 18pt: "]It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday,
and there is no repair yet or this kind of virus.[/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Tahoma size=2][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; 10pt: "] [/SPAN][/FONT]
[/DIV][/DIV][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3][SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT]
[FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3][SPAN] [/SPAN][/FONT]
[FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3][SPAN] [/SPAN][/FONT]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Lise.....I remember this one from last year.  Is this same one happening again ?  I just checked listings for new virus threats, and it's not on the list.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Impossible to say...there are so many virus-laden emails being sent by malicious people. Personally I never bother to open any of the "you have a greeting card" type of email because

a) I don't have the time,
b) I don't care,
c) It's more than likely not real,
d) I don't like greeting cards.

That said, there have been a ton of fake greeting card emails going around recently, and they ask you to install something or just try to get you to go by their site so they can attempt to install malware on your PC.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Me too.

As far as I've figured, this is the same threat from April 2007. (?)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel