Started by Lise, Sep 12 08 05:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

What turns you off for a bad date? Mine would be:

a) halitosis

b) cheapskate

c) doesn't drive a car

d) doesn't listen

e) horrible, horrible fashion sense (like one time, he actually turned up at my door step in pink Bermuda shorts, thick sunglasses and a straw hat)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Definately (a).

Definately (d).  I have a problem with people who toot their own horns.

The car thing...no big deal.

In my experience, the cheapskate tendancy and the bad clothing is revealed after the first date, as most guys put their best foot forward and try to make a good impression on the first date.

..having said all that, I haven't been out in the dating world for a while...who knows, I may be giving it another go in the near future...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

LOL....oh my, Michel.  This should be in the 'Why I am Single and Probably Going To Be Single For the Rest of My Life' thread.

You sound a little jaded, poor sweetie. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Lise wrote:

a) halitosis

What does this mean?

b) cheapskate

Definitely!  If he asked me out, he pays.  I ask him out, I pay.  We decided together, we share the costs.  I prefer halfers anyways.

c) doesn't drive a car

Not a big deal.  I don't mind taking transit or I drive.

d) doesn't listen

Definitely!  Especially when he goes on and on and ON about himself and how GREAT he is.

e) horrible, horrible fashion sense (like one time, he actually turned up at my door step in pink Bermuda shorts, thick sunglasses and a straw hat)

Not a biggie for me...he could wear whatever he's comfortable with.

Another habit that I could think of that I wouldn't like is if the guy chatted on his cell phone or text message all the time during the date.  I mean, if he had a good reason like he was expecting an important call, I'd understand, but if it's related to work and isn't urgent, then turn off the phone!  

P.C.

Another habit that I could think of that I wouldn't like is if the guy chatted on his cell phone or text message all the time during the date.  I mean, if he had a good reason like he was expecting an important call, I'd understand, but if it's related to work and isn't urgent, then turn off the phone!  

GOOD one purelife !  

All I'd want is for someone to BE REAL.  No games....no false impressions, no putting on the 'first date show', no bait and switch.  I wouldn't want to base a decision for a second date on the impressions from a first date, if they weren't being who they are.  Who they are is more important to me than what they are.  [/DIV]

Michel

P.C.

Don't run away......any thread is open to light badgering, inspired ridiculing and general fun poking.  Just remember, that this could be used against you on your dating resume.  

Michel

49er

I hate it when a woman doesn't put out on the first date

Van

I like a girl to just be quiet and show her boobs on the first date. I mean, come on!!

*ducks from rotten tomatoes*
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Lise wrote:

a) halitosis

b) cheapskate

c) doesn't drive a car

d) doesn't listen

e) horrible, horrible fashion sense (like one time, he actually turned up at my door step in pink Bermuda shorts, thick sunglasses and a straw hat)[/DIV]
 a) yes, only order garlic if you both are.

b) Cheap? Or poor? If a poor bastard doesn't order the best wine in the house, get over it.

c) Most North Americans could use a walk for Christs sakes!

d) Depends...if a girl doesn't shut up, I start daydreaming about chips and salsa and just nod my head.

e) I wouldn't date a girl who is a fashion snob to begin with. I prefer a girl who hates the malls too.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I wasn't going to demonstrate once again how old I am.......but I WAS going to ask what you were doing down there on a first date in the first place. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif[/img]  

.....then I decided I didn't want to know.  

purelife

I hate the malls, Van.  Meet? ;)