Google Chrome

Started by Lise, Sep 04 08 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Wot the heck is it and is it safe to install?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

A web browser. No idea.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
Wot the heck is it and is it safe to install?

It's a new browser from Google. It's safe to install. I tried it, but several things are still problematic:

It doesn't save tabs on a crash (like Firefox).
 It can hang for several seconds without any apparent reason (I'm sure there is one, I just can't tell what it is).
 It's not very configurable yet.
 Don't enter 'evil:%' into the address bar. Yes, it's a bug.
 It's too easy to close the entire browser by accident, tabs and all, with absolutely no warning or confirmation.

Still, it looks good for a beta version and I expect it will gain a lot market share very quickly.

You can enter "about:internets" in Chrome, its mildly entertaining to watch... :)

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads up, TB. I don't think I'll install this new browser till they work out the kinks.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

TehBorken wrote:
It can hang for several seconds without any apparent reason

It's not very configurable yet.

Does anybody else read anything dirty from this?  Or is it just me?

Michel

Lise

OMG. I totally didn't notice that one. Methinks TehBorken should spend more time in the bedroom and less time on DS.
Bill Cosby.