Save the Planet, kill a smoker today !

Started by Michel, Aug 21 08 09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I'm willing to bet half of those came from Goats but don't tell him I said that.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL. Sounds like a show you'd see late at night on showcase or cinemax (skinamax).  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Lise wrote:
I'm willing to bet half of those came from Goats but don't tell him I said that.

Hmm.. Good thing Im not goats!
As someone that works and plays on the water I have a better understanding adn respect for it than most people think.
I dont throw my 'butts' over the side for that very reason. It takes forever for the fibreglass in the butts to break down, although in seawater with the constant motion of the water will break it down faster than in the garbage. It will form huge garbage lines and end up eventually on shore. You want to see really bad effects? Look offshore Africa.. its insane. The tree huggers should come over here, take pictures, and complain. I dont see any over here though, too inconveniencing for them to leave their mocha's and warm dry houses.
The ocean is huge but if everyone thinks that im only one person and this is only a little bit...

I constantly give people shit if I see them throwing stuff over the side.

LOL, thanks for thinking of 'goats' Lise!
Ha!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Michel wrote:

Are there thousands of plastic bottles on the shores ? I saw litteraly thousands of water bottles on the shore of Ras Abu Galum National Park in the Sinai desert. The camel could hardly walk on the rock in certain area. Same thing in Mexico in Tuxtla Guttierez, I had to twist myself in the boat to take picture of crocodiles withouth having plastic bottle floating around the beasts, and this was in a National Park too.

Really? Theres a shoreline underneath all the garbage over here? Amazing..

Yeah, its pretty bad. In teh western world it would be declared a pollution disaster and be cleaned up by the government.

Its insane how much plastic there is around everywhere you look.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I agree, Russ. We're the worst polluters in the world.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.