Anyone take Kava?

Started by Lil Me, Aug 17 08 07:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Wondering if anyone has any experiences with Kava tea or pills?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Wot is Kava and is it legal?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sawdust

Is it related to Ganja??

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lil Me

It's a root from the South Pacific.  You can buy it in the health food store.
 I thought it might help to ease anxiety and help me sleep.

But for tonight, I'm medicating myself with ganja.  I haven't smoked up for a good 10 years, so I have a wee headache and I'm hungry...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Ah......... share?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

I've taken kava.......the freshly squeezed form, a long long time ago when I was young.  After a few bowls of the stuff I get light headed.  

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ws[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]dro[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=07cd3791503875e7f2425accd2f37a47 name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=drowse name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Lil Me

Went to the health food store. The owner suggested that I start with melatonin pills before trying Kava.

Sportsdude

This thread needs some Bob Marley. ;)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Agreed.  Anyone want a hit?  

Sportsdude

Sweet. My cousins aren't around anymore... lol
I was cured from a devastating cough by that stuff a while back. I coughed heavily for about 3 weeks. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff*

*puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* *puff* [/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV][/DIV]
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Slept for 8hrs (a record lately!) with pot + melatonin pill.  

P.C.

Good job Lil Me.  I was trying to post, but got disconnected fromt he internet (???)

I'm not certain Melatonin is effective for sleeplessness due to stress and anxiety.  It's usually something taken for jet lag and sleep disorders. It is actually resetting your brain or your body clock, which is kinda scary.  I don't know if it addresses the sleeplessness caused by stress.  A friend recommended it to me some time ago when I went through a bout of insomnia, but after reading what it's purpose is, realized that it wasn't really what I needed for the problem I was having.

It reprograms the brain for the lack of being able to naturally respond to dark and light....which is different than a stress induced insomnia.  Personally I'd put more faith in Mr. Twisty.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Sawdust wrote:
Is it related to Ganja??

[/DIV]
 WOOHOO!!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

I could use some of that kava stuff.  Pass it along.