Medal Tally Olympics 2008

Started by Lise, Aug 11 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Now you can keep track of all the medals. Hmm.... .help me out here. Do I need a magnifying glass to see where Canada stands?

[A href="http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml"]http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/GL/95A/GL0000000.shtml[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

They've got 0 now, but by the time you wake up tomorrow, they might have a medal. Whenever the men's and women's 8's in rowing happen this week they'll have 3. Canada's Men's 8 in rowing can't be stopped. They won the semi's by an entire boat length in and a half. (boats are 65ft long)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Canada hasn't been in a position to compete for too many medals yet. Lots more olympics to come. Either way, I am still supportive of our athletes win or lose. A lot of Canadians only jump on the bandwagon if medals will start accumulating. Kind of pathetic.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise @ Work

Ja, you're right Van but it would be nice to see Canada bring back at least ONE medal.  

Van

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Yeah Van, sometimes rooting for countries becomes a how many medals have we won event. I rooted for the girls in the 400 medley, they finished last, but I highly doubt anyone rooting for them cared, it's all about being in the final and being there that counts. Last night there was a swim off for the women's medley in the 200 (or 400). It was between a Japanese swimmer and a Hungarian swimmer. Only one could advance, the Japanese girl won and she was so ecstatic. She's not going to win the event, but she's in it. That's what the Olympics is about, competing especially if you're not a big medal country. Everyone should be proud of these guys no matter what, they don't have to win these events, they've already won in my opinion.

lol on the plus side, my mom said the only women who 'looked like actual women' in the race were the Canadians. lol

Michel

Sportsdude

Um she's average height.  

Michel

Sportsdude

okay, lol.

But seriously though, the women looked like horses and the Canadian girls had boobs. haha
It was that race with the 41 year old American swimmer who is swimming 'the fastest she's ever swam after having a kid a couple years ago'.  Fishy.

Michel

Sportsdude

And she swam away...  

Michel

Sportsdude

haha
well She's a swimmer and you aren't with her, so she left you in the pool to drown. haha lol

Michel