Has PETA gone overboard?

Started by Lise, Aug 08 08 06:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you feel that PETA has gone overboard with its ads?

Yes
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't Care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Lise

[A href="http://www.peta.org/"]PETA[/A] is usually not one to balk from [SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "]controversy ads. The most recent one was based on the decapitation and murder of [A href="http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=58e41ce1-a14f-478f-9f27-21f192c1869e"]Tim McLean[/A]. I feel that PETA has gone overboard when they compared his death to the slaughter of animals. It's not remotely funny and shows insensitivity towards McLean's parents.[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "]Here's what the ad says:[/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "]"Manitoba . . . an innocent young victim's throat is cut . . . His struggles and cries are ignored . . . The man with the knife shows no emotion . . . The victim is slaughtered and his head is cut off . . . His flesh is eaten . . . It's still going on!" reads the ad text.[/SPAN]

[A href="http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=705090"]Source[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "][/SPAN][/A]

Think also when PETA compared the Holocaust to animal killings in 2003. ([A href="http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/28/peta.holocaust/"]Source[/A])

I know that PETA has a message to get out there but seriously, they should show some sensitivity or at least common sense when approaching such matters.

[SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; 12pt: "]What are your thoughts?[/SPAN]    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I couldn't agree more Lise.  PETA has always been over the top.....but this time they have plummeted over it and fallen to rock bottom.  I think the comparison is appalling.  They need a good swift kick in the ass for this one.  Have they forgotten ANY sensitivity to this man's family at all ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Wow, drastic comparison that peta did. Just a tad overboard. Mind you, I never toured any slaughterhouses to see actually what goes on. I do like a good, lean, juicy steak from time to time though!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Michel

Michel

ripper

While i agree that Peta could have shown a little more sensitivity, i agree with their message. Animals are not dumb insensitive  creatures. Have any of you ever watched a video of slaughter houses.It's enough to make you sick to your stomach. Animals know pain and fear just like us. The only thing animals don't know how to do is say "please don't hurt me".

P.C.

While i agree that Peta could have shown a little more sensitivity, i agree with their message. Animals are not dumb insensitive  creatures. Have any of you ever watched a video of slaughter houses.It's enough to make you sick to your stomach. Animals know pain and fear just like us. The only thing animals don't know how to do is say "please don't hurt me".

I don't think anyone has issues with their message.  I think we're all in agreement with the message.  It's their delivery that needs work.  [/DIV]

P.C.

AHA ! I just found the reason of the Purple lettering. It's when I cut and paste a link.

AHA !  So it's YOU !!!!

Michel

P.C.

LOL

I didn't really mean to 'fix it'.  I was just testing it.....and of course only YOU can make it go back to colour.  One has to wonder why you would want your posts to be in pink and purple.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Cool !   Yer magic !!!

Michel