Christian News Site Calls Sprinter Tyson Gay 'Tyson Homosexual'

Started by Michel, Jul 15 08 06:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

[span style="text-decoration: underline;"]
[/span]

Sportsdude

Wow, poor guy, he pulls up lame in the qualifying round for the Olympics and since he's the face of American Track and Field, that's big news. Now this.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Well, we have an answer to why he was called Tyson Homosexual. Add this to the list of 101 Reasons of...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The US Christian group that pressured Heinz to pull an UK commercial featuring two men kissing is now targeting McDonald's, accusing the fast-food chain of refusing "to remain neutral in the culture war".[/p]The American Family Association began a boycott campaign against McDonald's in response to the company's membership in the Washington-based National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC). [/p]The AFA is promoting its boycott, including an online anti-McDonald's petition, to its more than 2.5 million members. [/p]"This boycott is not about hiring homosexuals. It is not about homosexuals eating at McDonald's," the AFA states on its BoycottMcDonalds.com website. [/p]"McDonald's has chosen ... to give the full weight of their corporation to promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage."[/p]The AFA urged its members to complain to Heinz last month about a Deli Mayo commercial that depicted two men kissing, although the advert was only shown in the UK. [/p]The commercial was pulled from the airwaves before the AFA campaign reached its peak.[/p]The group, which describes itself as supportive of "traditional family values", has previously mounted boycotts of Ford and Disney for engaging with the gay community. [/p][p style="font-weight: bold;"]The AFA also maintains a news website that attracted notoriety this month for its policy of automatically replacing the word "gay" with "homosexual". Thus was Olympic sprinting hopeful Tyson Gay unwittingly renamed Tyson Homosexual, to the mocking delight of many liberal bloggers.[/p][a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/15/usa.mcdonalds"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/15/usa.mcdonalds[/a]

Sawdust

What of other 'news' stories?

Jim and Margaret Hobbs of Redneck Oklahoma celebrated their 50th wedding aniversary with a gala party attended by over 300 people. According to Jim, it was fantastic, everyone had a [STRIKE]gay[/STRIKE] homosexual time.  
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Deck the halls with bought of holly,    
Tis the season to by jolly,        
 Don we now our homosexual apparel,          
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol,    
See the blazing Yule before us,      
Strike the harp and join the chorus.
Follow me in merry measure,          
While I tell of Yuletide treasure,  
Fast away the old year passes,
Hail the new, ye lads and lasses,
Sing we joyous, all together,
Heedless of the wind and weather

Now, these a-holes are the ones who talk about the 'war on Christmas'.

[/p]  

Lil Me

When you're with the Flintstones..you'll have a Yabba Dabba Doo Time...you'll have a Homosexual Old Time!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

My mom used to use the old 1950s term "Gayway" for the amusement park midway.  We used to shout "MIDWAY" back to her and she'd laugh.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Well they better not do a piece on the Hall of Fame pitcher Gaylord I mean Homosexualord Perry.

Lil Me

lol.  According to [A href="http://www.vintageseattle.org/2008/02/01/wowee-dont-shut-down-the-gayway/"]this[/A], the Fun Forest at Seattle Centre was called the Gayway when it opened for the World's Fair in 1962 (my dad was there- mental note to ask him if he remembers the amusement rides. lol)    

Richard

Lil Me wrote:
 lol.  According to [A href="http://www.vintageseattle.org/2008/02/01/wowee-dont-shut-down-the-gayway/"]this[/A], the Fun Forest at Seattle Centre was called the Gayway when it opened for the World's Fair in 1962 (my dad was there- mental note to ask him if he remembers the amusement rides. lol)

-------------------------------------

actually it was called the Homosexualway