Marmite Appreciation

Started by Lil Me, Jul 09 08 09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Oh lala.... ja, Twinnings is awesome. I love the English Breakfast and Earl Grey version. Red Rose isn't so bad, it's ok if you're in a hurry.

The Brits have damn fine curries....... hmm....... hungry.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

I think the secret to British tea is the Brown Betty teapot that never gets cleaned.  (alas, I don't own one..)

I drink Tetley- round teabag in a mug.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

I have no idea what 'british' is, although when I tell a good friend of mine who's a Scot about Canadianisms, he says that's totally British thought.

The best I can think of at the moment is History related. First thing I was taught in Canadian History "When the country was founded nobody thought it would last a month." That's sooo british thinking apparently.
lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Lise wrote:
 There's a pub at UBC (something with sons involve - I know it's Irishy sound) and they have excellent finger food there. Yum!

Fish n chips! Best Brit food ever invented![/DIV]

[FONT color=#0000bf]I agree with you, Lise. But have you ever tried Yorkshire Pudding? In my book, that definitely comes a close second...especially when it's made as part of Toad In The Hole.[/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

I must admit..... I've never tried Yorkshire pudding. I will when I get the chance. Like Michel says, there are virtually no Brit restaurants around here. Gee.... I wonder why.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

|