Autistic at work

Started by Michel, Jun 11 08 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

[span style="" times="" new="" roman="" ;="" lang="EN-CA"][a href="http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=0k4lsi1dql"][/a][/span]

Richard

I found it on YouTube as well.

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAfaM_CBvP8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAfaM_CBvP8[/A]

P.C.

Rats.  Both links tell me the video is no longer available.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

It's ok.....I just figured out it is the same one I posted last year.....and YES....it is truly amazing.

*or someone did anyways.  

Michel

Lise

Incredible. Thank you! My cousin has moderate autism. It gives us hope.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

M from Discover Vancouver

He is misdiagnosed. He showed bodily affection, gave a high-five to his sister and showed additional body language that indicates he is not autististic.

Autism is when a person cannot and will not be touched, and being touched causes the nervous system to feel pain to touch.

the guy has a photogenic memory and a genuis talent - he is not Autistic.

P.C.

Autism is when a person cannot and will not be touched, and being touched causes the nervous system to feel pain to touch.

SOME people who are afflicted with autism are affected this way.  SOME.

I also think a persons mind isn't likely to be photogenic.  Photographic maybe ?  

really?

Your medical system is different than mine, I trully beleiv your system makes you believe a malfunction in order to be a busines.

ours is getting that way, but wasn't when I was younger. My mother was a psych nurse and a biology teacher for a college.

and you are fooled if you think that guys is autistic.

I do undersatnd a lot of American celebrities are saying their kids are, but plese, learn what the f* it is, before claiming complacency for your ignorance, k?

Oh, so U know

My canuck spelling, ot even typos, OR even misuse of grammar, are not an issue.

*curtsie*

Word Police

Oh, so U know wrote:
My canuck spelling, ot even typos, OR even misuse of grammar, are not an issue.

YES, they are an issue. You see, words have meanings. If you can't use them correctly then that's your problem, not ours. Don't blame us for your piss-poor communication skills.

*curtsie*

Keep your gender issues to yourself.

Word Police

really? wrote:
I trully beleiv your system makes you believe a malfunction in order to be a busines.

PC is correct, and no one really cares what you "believe".

and you are fooled if you think that guys is autistic.

You certainly aren't qualified to diagnose him, so put a sock in it, chucklehead.

I do undersatnd a lot of American celebrities are saying their kids are, but plese, learn what the f* it is, before claiming complacency for your ignorance, k?

Right. This bit of wisdom iscoming from a transient loser who can't manage to spell "understand", "please", or "okay". Yeah, you have a lot of credibility. Now why don't you go back to watching Teletubbies and eating your Lunchables and let us big people talk, okay?

P.C.

Lise wrote: Incredible. Thank you! My cousin has moderate autism. It gives us hope.

Lise, I think there are different levels of affliction with autism.  I'm not positive, but many are also Autistic Savant.  (which I think used to be called Idiot Savant.)  "An intellectually disabled person who exhibits extraordinary ability in a highly specialized area, such as mathematics or music."   I don't know if it's something they develop....or if it's already 'hard wired' in them.

A dear friend of mine has a child with autism, and he used to hum songs with incredible accuracy when he was in his crib....starting from when he was about 3 months old.  Any song he could hear, he could repeat.  

I think there always has to be hope when it comes to our children....you just never know.[/DIV]

Richard

M from Discover Vancouver wrote:
He is misdiagnosed. He showed bodily affection, gave a high-five to his sister and showed additional body language that indicates he is not autististic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

M, there's something you don't know about autism -- it affects different people in different ways.  Some people show some body language and some people don't show any at all.  Some people like to be touched and some people don't.  Some people even have great memory and/or talent in a certain area, while others don't.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild version of autism.  I'm not the greatest at body language but I try.  I don't touch people a lot but I often don't mind if they touch me.  My memory is great in certain subjects and not that great in other areas.  

Gopher

Asperger's syndrome is certainly no joke, I've worked with several sufferers in the past and have had ample evidence their lives can be a minefield of unexpected consequences. Good luck, Richard!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.