Help pls i wish to send a large bulky package

Started by Orik, May 30 08 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Orik

estimated wietght 150 lbs  contents 1 pc  dry food  canned goods clothing toys  

i want to find a afordable way to ship from door to door from vancouver to the philipines pampanga ...

does any one know of a good affordable company that does this...

yes ive tried google but with so many hits and the costs so prohibitive

im trying to find a company that doesnt do shipping by wieght i know thiers a couple of them but dont know the names or contact numnbers...

and if u know of anyone way to help raise some money for my friend in the philipines her house is needing lots of fixing up.. ie electric connection instead of a 60 foot extension cord...  water hook ups   a real toilet instead of a bucket..  a bunk bed for the kids instead of the floor... or all 3 of the family sleeping in a single bed :(  i was shocked at the conditions for many people.

thankfully she has her own house and land unlike many other family's.. but the house is badly in need of  repairs cracked mortar small holes in the bricks...  badly wired electric  using extension cords... windows with no glass...  sighs... times like this i wish i was a rich philanthropist... how on earth can  this happen anywhere in todays day and age ... i know its rough all over the world but  to live like they do :( no fridge  to keep ur food safe... damn... i could never live in this type of conditions day in and day out.. but sadly thousands if not millions do :( ...

i care for this lady and would like to help her and her kids to improve their life...with things that we take for granted every day...[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]your [/span][/span]recommendations are appreciated...   i could not imagine sleeping on cardboard cause u dont have enough beds  i could never imagine shitting in a bucket everyday ... damn i could never survive a life of having to haul in pails of water to fill a tub. and use the water to bathe 3 people  and to do laundry in that tub ... cooking ur food over a wood fire...  with smoke that sometimes fills the whole house, if the wind blows the wrong way... a roof made out of tin  that leaks  and conducts heat...  work is a laugh lets not talk about the options for these woman u dont want to know it  :( but many choices r simple either to work in a bar as a prostitute or if ur lucky get a somputer work online as a adult model... education.. :( if u have the moeny u can get a education no money no education... medical  sighs we have it so damned good in our respective countries is it any wonder every one else in the world wants to come to our respective countires...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Good luck with your project, Orik.  Sorry, I don't know the name of any shipping companies.

As for the fundraising- car wash, bake sale, bottle drive-- start with friends, neighbours, co-workers..
 You going to church these days?  Your church would likely support the idea of a bake sale/coffee sale/freezie sale after service one weekend.

The kids' school makes a killing selling Jumbo Freezies and Bottled Water ($1 each) after running club.  The Freezies are really cheap by the case...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

JJ

Did you try DHL:  [A href="http://www.dhl.ca/ca/wfRateCalculator.aspx"]http://www.dhl.ca/ca/wfRateCalculator.aspx[/A]  or

UPS:  [A href="https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_CA&WT.svl=PNRO_L1"]https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_CA&WT.svl=PNRO_L1[/A]

49er

fyi

unless Vancouver has a large Phillipino population you probably will have difficulty finding a company that will ship other than by air........a company needs to accumulate enough freight to fill a cargo container  

also remember the receipant may have to pay duty on the other end

talk to someone at the local Catholic church, they may be able to help

lazy orik

great idea i will go to the kaylayan center in vancouver its a philipino orginization im sure they will know how to ship stuff... the only item they will have to pau dudty on will be the pc.... and if its high duty i will make sure to have contingincy funds to pay it...  no i stopped going church a long long time ago....  those r some great ideas... but i work for a chinese warehouse... im not gona get much help thier...  and i can just see it now oriks ice cold frezzies for sale hehe rolling a jumbo cooler of ice and freezies down robson evry monday after noon... but knoing my luck ill get busted and fined for vending with out a licence  

Orik

dhl hmmm... looking more for a ship by sea mthod... with out the prhibitive costs asciciated with shipping by air...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

bumped in the hopes u all have any more ideas.  

Orik

still seeking company names that ship to the philippines.  
hey russ u ever go their?  want to deliver a care package for me if u do ?