Summer 2008 fun!

Started by Van, May 30 08 09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be you summer 2008 #1 highlight?

Working my a*s off!
2 (16.7%)
Sitting at home
1 (8.3%)
Suntanning on a beach
1 (8.3%)
Road trip/Traveling
3 (25%)
At da club
0 (0%)
Camping
2 (16.7%)
Other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Michel

Sportsdude

baah meant Jimmy Buffett. lol
Yeah my dad said they had a family vacation down to Key West one summer. He absolutely hated it. The Keys were boring and it took forever to get to a tiny village that had nothing to do.

I was looking at the weather map of the States today on the back of the USA Today, realized I'd been everywhere on the map mostly in the South and Northeast. lol

Southerners will get mad at this, but I swear I don't understand why people would want to fight in the Civil War for a place that really isn't 'beautiful' per say. (love the food though)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

No I'm not talking about that per say. Southerners have always had this we love dixie can't ever leave, greatest place in the world, defend it til we die, attitude. Southern Pride. I've always wondered pride in what? Yeah the Confederate Flag issue is always comical.

Its a relationship they have with the land, not civil war stuff, but the land. But to me the land is ugly. Its just a bunch of low lying hills, broad leaf trees, and outside of Tennessee not much to look at in terms of scenery. I've just never 'got it' and I spent my whole life in this area, have family from this area and ties to the area. It's just utter confusion. You get pulled over in the South if you have a non dixie licence plate. Again strangeness. lol

A couple of my friends from the Island who ventured down to Memphis thinking it was the place to be saw racism first hand when they befriended a black guy who showed them around town. It changed them all, they just couldn't believe what they were seeing.  

That said, Sweet Tea along with Soul and Creole food of Louisiana is awesome. Plus I always laugh when I take a bunch of friends on a trip who aren't used to Southern culture and look at me with puzzled stairs when I'm eating biscuits and gravy for breakfast at the hotel. lol  

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Ah yeah. If you're into partying then you'd go there obviously.

For the life in me I don't understand Orlando. Its a waste of space in my opinion and its flat and ugly.

Never been right in the city of Orlando.  I heard it is good if you are a golfer?

Just curious though, isn't everything east of the Rockies flat? I know there are hills here and there, like the Ozarks. But still...
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

I've always wanted to go to Hazzard County.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

To see the Dukes, Lil Me ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Yes!  To party with the good ole boys and ride around in the car.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL.....good ol fun indeed.

SD wrote:  Its just a bunch of low lying hills, broad leaf trees, and outside of Tennessee not much to look at in terms of scenery.

I wanna know what you have against broad leaf trees. [img onclick="selecte('eh.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/eh.gif" border=0]  I like broad leaf trees.  There's nothing wrong with broad leaf trees.  I think that's out and out discrimination against broad leaf trees.  Do you think broad leaf trees don't feel bad that they have to stand around naked all winter ?  Well do ya ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Do you spray paint your broad leaf trees black, Miss PC?     If you do, then I don't like 'em.  

Sportsdude

Van wrote:[em][/em]
 Just curious though, isn't everything east of the Rockies flat? I know there are hills here and there, like the Ozarks. But still...

Once you go West, nothing back East seems big anymore. The mountains are merely bluffs. Once you go West you don't go back. lol

Ozarks are Plateaus, not really a mountian. People wear no shoes in this part. lol

I've got nothing against broadleafs especially in spring and fall.

Just in the South. Besides Tennessee.

Tennessee mountains. You get all the pollution with it too! Which is a shame.

Michel

Sportsdude

Hahaha but every place is like that. lol Immigration/migration practices.

Michel

Sportsdude

I don't know, when cities places know they're the best they sure do boast about it.
London, Paris, the entire country of France, The US, NY, etc.

|