Obama poster draws comparisons to the Soviet Union

Started by Sportsdude, May 11 08 12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

lol. Come on people, get used to it the young folks found someone to relate to and they're a bit artsy so what.

They see it as communistic or whatever we just think it looks cool and will say 'silly parents, the cold war is over.' lol

'The Soviet-style heroic Obama, the use of a single word "Hope," do make the SEPTA bus shelter posters a bit reminiscent of George Orwell's "1984."  Its more direct antecedent is John Carpenter's 1988 paranoid totalitarian fantasy flick, "They Live." Replace the word "Hope" with "Obey" on that Obama poster and tell us what you think.[/p]  The poster was designed by urban street artist/skateboarder Shepard Fairey, who enjoys a successful career as an artist and designer in Los Angeles.'[/p][a href="http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/columnists/20080404_Clout__Obama_mania__Is_this_2008_____or_1984_.html"]Link[/a][/p]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
lol. Come on people, get used to it the young folks found someone to relate to and they're a bit artsy so what.

well - if your people think that the smurfs are commies - you can bet they slap that label on pretty much anything that moves - crikey communism is DEAD.  Get over it.  I've been to China and Vietnam two of 6? communist countries left in the world ... I'm a tellin' you these two countries are definately not communist - they have only one party but they have no social welfare no universal healthcare no unemployment insurance no drug plans .... hell the US is far more communist than China and Vietnam the only difference is the US has 2 party elections Viet / China have only one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

So true. Only thing the capitalist countries don't have are worker councils although there too, I always heard about the story about a local brewery closing and the workers buy it back and run it themselves. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."