Top 100 from 20 years ago

Started by Lil Me, Apr 28 08 09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

me neither I hate glam rock.

tracy chapman song:
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mDtR4rPJ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mDtR4rPJ0[/a]

I feel its a depressing song. lol
Yeah you don't have to believe but most of the up and comers nowadays go the reflective accoustic route with lyrical base music. story telling.
that style is pretty big but after a while I find it depressing so I switch to brit pop. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Love Tracy Chapman.  Big voice, amazing songwriter.

I work out to arena rock.  It's awesome!  Gets you in the Zone.

I get up, and nothing gets me down.
 You got it tough. Ive seen the toughest around.
 And I know, baby, just how you feel.
 Youve got to roll with the punches to get to whats real
 Oh cant you see me standing here,
 Ive got my back against the record machine
 I aint the worst that youve seen.
 Oh cant you see what I mean ?
 Might as well jump. jump !
 --
 Your love is like bad madicine
 Bad medicine is what I need
 Shake it up, just like bad madicine
 There aint no doctor that can
 Cure my disease

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

sports, I am sure you are right. I will be the first to agree I am out of touch with what youngsters are into...*rattles cane at screen*.

I like my age group and the music I grew up with. Starting to really like some of the new bands within the last couple years though. The early 2000s were..lost in a boardroom?? not sure.    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Lil Me wrote:

I work out to arena rock.  It's awesome!  Gets you in the Zone.

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I get up, and nothing gets me down.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]You got it tough. Ive seen the toughest around.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]And I know, baby, just how you feel.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Youve got to roll with the punches to get to whats real[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Oh cant you see me standing here,[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Ive got my back against the record machine[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I aint the worst that youve seen.[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Oh cant you see what I mean ? [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Might as well jump. jump ![/SPAN]
--
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Your love is like bad madicine[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Bad medicine is what I need[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Shake it up, just like bad madicine[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]There aint no doctor that can[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Cure my disease[/SPAN]

Is that Spice Girls?

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

lol
 *shakes walking stick at young man*
 First song is Jump by Van Halen.  Second song is Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Eddie Van Halen is a fab guitarist!

Sportsdude

Van wrote:
sports, I am sure you are right. I will be the first to agree I am out of touch with what youngsters are into...*rattles cane at screen*.

I like my age group and the music I grew up with. Starting to really like some of the new bands within the last couple years though. The early 2000s were..lost in a boardroom?? not sure.

couldn't agree more.
real music now is now hip finally. Pop seems to be going techno-ish 80s new wave which is fine by me since I like that stuff. lol
hard rock is still lost, will it be found? I have no idea. Nobody's really interested in heavy metal/hard rock. Only band that comes to mind would be Muse, but then I can't really classify them as hard rock/heavy metal. They fooled around with synths and computers in their last album, which I liked.

the new wave of actual music isn't coming from the states, the bands from the states end up getting big in Europe first. European are the ones pushing us into the 21st century of sound in my opinion. Although Canada is still number 1 in terms of music influence these days. A lot of bands are copying that "canadian sound".

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."