Sales Receipt

Started by P.C., May 01 08 06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

How long do you think a store is able to access old receipts ?  Is there a legal time limit on this?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

I'd think it would be something like that, Michel.  But according to Future Shop, they can only access them for a year.....unless you bought their extended warranty.

The problem is, the paper and ink they use fades really badly.  We can hardly read our receipt for our TV....some of it is totally unreadable.  I tried scanning it and playing with it a bit....but because of the thinness of the paper, and all the writing on the back, it didn't work too good.

Lil Me

If you paid with a credit card, you can use your CC statement as proof of purchase?

Sometimes there is sometimes an additional product warranty provided by Visa/MC?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hmmm.  I think the receipt we have has enough to prove purchase....it's the breakdown I'm looking for. Prices for the monster bar, PVR, TV and assorted connections. Unfortunately MC only gives the total amount.  

P.C.

Anyways, I didn't mean to blather on.....I'm just curious if there is some legal time frame that they have to follow.  Or even just basic policy.

Lil Me

Ok.  I gotcha!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel