Effective 'Consumer letters'

Started by P.C., Apr 22 08 08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

I'd mention the fact that my complaint is the one voiced but it really represents at least 20 other customers who didn't bother to complain.    

Michel

49er

P.C. wrote:
I just want them to give us a new TV !!!!!!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/boese/a020.gif" border=0][/DIV]
   I hope its not a Sony TV.   After my recent experience I wrote the VP of Customer Service in response to his survey request that I was never going to buy another Sony product again.........and recommend same for all my friends.

Long story short.......I'd purchased a 60" TV online last year and registered the product with Sony on delivery.  The TV went out after 30 days.  Called Sony, they gave me a service file number and directed me to call the contracted local certified TV repair service......... after two months and two home visits and at third visit where the TV was taken back to the shop to be worked on, Sony Service decided to replace the TV.  Found out shortly they were going to give me a rebuilt/reconditioned TV instead of a new one (said so as their right in fine print in the Sony warranty).  After several heated phone conversations, it came down to whether to accept the rebuilt TV or purchase a different model with a credit from the Sony junk I purchased........AND GET THIS!!! ....the credit was based on my purchase price minus a percentage for DEPRECIATION

Decided on a newer model after talking with the nice lady who ran the Sony certified repair shop, who told me that they were doing more than average service calls on the model I'd  purchased.

THATS WHY I LOVE COSTCO AND HOME DEPOT    

Michel

Gopher

I'm sure there's a website which is dedicated to this purpose i.e. a place where you can name and shame inefficient service, crappy goods and what you will.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'll wait on that one until after I see how they handle this situation.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

PC - Do you know what their company's motto is?  Do they have a website that states what their belief is?  If so, I would take that motto apart and dissect every word to bits and explain why they have failed to live up to the motto/standards.  Use quotes if necessary to help you in your letter.  

When negotiating, I sometimes say (depending on the situation) "What would you tell your daughter/son to do if they brought a defective products at this store and they refused to do xyz?"    I guess this tactic may work face-to-face.  But I have used this a few times and it gets the Manager thinking and then I end up getting the refund.

You could also start off your letter with something positive.  ie.  I see that your company really prides itself with being the best at giving low prices/great customer service, (whatever it is) and then gently go in with the kill...

hope that helps.