$200 dollar oil, 2.25 a litre, peak oil 2010

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 24 08 01:24

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Hubby sees elk on his way to work occasionally.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

He sees bears regularly too.  Yesterday he saw an unlucky bear.  Always makes him sad to see them even near a highway. It's such a reminder of how much we have crowded the poor things out.  

Van

I never knew there were elk on the Island? Shows you what I know.    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

They also have Nanaimo Girls!! Craziest of the wild species!  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Yes Michel....very sad.  He said it was a bad one.  It's just so wrong to see them so close to the ways of a city.  As thrilled as I am when I see one....immediately after, I feel sad.

Yup...there is quite a large population of elk on the Island.  I think it was a rather old study....maybe 2002 or 2003, but it stated that there are approximately 3200 elk in British Columbia....3000 of which are on Vancouver Island.  

P.C.

They also have Nanaimo Girls!! Craziest of the wild species!.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0][/DIV]

Van

East Kootenays seems to be loaded with elk. Friends out there always have a deep freezer full. best steaks I ever had were elk.

P.C.

A bad one ? the bear was bad or the accident was a bad one ?

Both.  

|