Bye Bye Old Trolley Buses

Started by Lil Me, Apr 20 08 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Old Bus

New Bus

Full Story:
 [a href="http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080419_203116_6160"]http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080419_203116_6160[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

never been on them yet, always walk for some reason.
never seen the old ones. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

How nostalgic Lil Me......I remember working at the Imperial Bank Data Centre when I was younger.....6 til midnight shift on Hornby and Helmcken (sp...oh lawd...sp?).  Those scary moments when the bus trolleys would go off 'the track' .....and you would never get in trouble for being 5 minutes late, because everyone was always in that situation at one time or another.

Bye trolley buses....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Imperial Bank? Wow. That was like what CIBC was back in the day!!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Imperial Bank? Wow. That was like what CIBC was back in the day!!!  

Don't make me come over there Lil Me.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Yes.....that would be the one.

Lil Me

I also remember this version of the trolley bus from the 1970s.

purelife

The new buses are really nice.  I like 'em.  The old trolley buses often get off the track and the bus driver has to step out to put the lines back on.  I once saw a B-line bus flaming at the back on the Burrard Bridge.  

Michel

Sportsdude

wooot! vancouver and its flaming buses! sweeeeet mahn, totally awesome!

Tomorrow or sometime this week when I go to Cathedral Grove, I'll stop by where all the double deckers go to die in Coombs. lol

Van

Don't think I will miss them too much. I think I miss reasonable ski lift passes more.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Hey Van. What do you look like?  If you're an average white guy in a toque, you can use Mr LM's ski pass next season when he's away on secret ops missions.  

Van

lol! Well, I guess I am pretty avereage looking white guy.

*throw on Foreigner - Dirty White Boy*
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

i like double deckers for some reason I don't know why Victoria has them and Vancouver doesn't. Anybody know why?

Lise

I for one, won't be missing the old bus. The new one is WAAAAAAYYYYY better.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

i like double deckers for some reason I don't know why Victoria has them and Vancouver doesn't. Anybody know why?

I'm not sure....but I think it was mainly a part of their tourist and sightseeing thing, although they are a part of their regular transit fleet.  Victoria was often touted as being similar in atmostphere to parts of jolly old England (after all, it is named after the queen).  I've never been on one.