RUSS.....EMERGENCY

Started by P.C., Feb 27 08 08:18

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

[FONT size=5]Wally's is closing down !!!!!  [/FONT]

I might be remembering this wrong....but somehow I have a slight recollection that you were a Wally's fan.  Anywhos....it will be gone in 30 days.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No no no silly goose.  Wally's Burgers.

"Wally's Burgers is one of the last of the true drive-in fast food restaurants in Vancouver. The restaurant's neon sign was only part of a once more elaborate display, with neon on the exterior of the building as well."

*cry*  I grew up with Wallys.  Best burgers EVER.  For some reason I remember Russ talking about Wally's.  (I might be way off base here)

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

oh... lol.

where's the location at? I'd want to get one on saturday.

P.C.

It's on Kingsway in Van....I think.  Just a minute....let me check.  

Yup....2703 Kingsway, Vancouver

Best Burgers in da world.  (gotta have the combo)

Sportsdude

kingsway. hmm i'll drop by then.  

Michel

Russ

WHAT!!!

WHAT THE FAWK IS GOING ON!!

ITS AN ICON. MY DAD USED TO GET HIS CHALLENGERS OUT OF THERE TO STREETRACE.. back in the day.

Not that I ever used to ah.. ever. ah... condone... or ah... ever streetrace in any shape or form.

EDIT:

Not that I ever would.. I am against that but WTF?

Grrr.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Hey Russ.  People still race SE Marine and back?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

LOL. No way. That place has been around like forever. Poor Russ. He better get his Wally Burger fix before it goes away.

We've always wanted to try that place but never got the nerve. Somehow the fast food joint seems a bit..... dirty.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Hey Russ.  People still race SE Marine and back?  
   No. Only fools would to be honest cause theres too much traffic and pedestrians all time of the night now.

The place I heard is the place to race now is on annacis island.

BC'er

Even if you don't like burgers, go for one last milkshake! This institution is more important to Vancouver than UBC! (ok, maybe in dream fast food world).

goatsee

*dusts off profile* A hoy hoy guys. What's goin' on in this thread?

Russ = Russ from DV = Orik's friend? Just curious

Russ

Hey Goatsee... yeah this is Russ from DV. I think I met you one time with Orik?

I agree BC'er lol. Its more an icon of the 'old' fastfood world. Its more nostalgia than anything.. the food has gone to the dumps the last number of years.