Hillary Clinton

Started by Gopher, Feb 26 08 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Has she shot herself in the foot with her recent comments about Barack Obama?

Yes
3 (60%)
No
0 (0%)
Don't Know
0 (0%)
Don't Care
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Gopher

My own opinion is that she'll later regret not having kept a tighter rein on her mouth.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Well it's desperation, when politicians are in desperation mode they start saying things they usually don't.
Hillary's gone bi-polar this week and tonights debate is which Hillary shows up. Obama could just say "where was this hillary in texas?" if she goes on her rampages again.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Nikki

She should win for president. It's time for a change in the White House, for a woman president. I'm tired that people are picking Barack Obama. Knowing he doesn't have any experience to be a president for this country, it isn't right!

TehBorken

Nikki wrote:
[span style="font-weight: normal; font-style: italic;"]She should win for president. It's time for a change in the White House, for a woman president. I'm tired that people are picking Barack Obama. Knowing he doesn't have any experience to be a president for this country, it isn't right![/span]

[span style="font-weight: normal;"]Riiiiiiiiiiight....and Hillary was President for how long? [/span][br style="font-weight: normal;"][br style="font-weight: normal;"][span style="font-weight: normal;"]Sorry, she voted for the war and then pontificated about how the war was so "wrong".  If it was wrong, why was she so eager to vote for it? She recently said that she would support garnishing wages of people who didn't [/span]
[span style="font-weight: normal;"]voluntarily [/span][span style="font-weight: normal;"]purchase health insurance. How f*cked up is that?

She's lied about far too many things to be believable now. [/span][br style="font-weight: normal;"]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Nikki wrote:
 [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: italic"]She should win for president. It's time for a change in the White House, for a woman president. I'm tired that people are picking Barack Obama. Knowing he doesn't have any experience to be a president for this country, it isn't right![/SPAN][BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]TehBorken wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]Riiiiiiiiiiight....and Hillary was President for how long? [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]Sorry, she voted for the war and then pontificated about how the war was so "wrong".  If it was wrong, why was she so eager to vote for it? She recently said that she would support garnishing wages of people who didn't [/SPAN]
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]voluntarily [/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]purchase health insurance. How f*cked up is that?

She's lied about far too many things to be believable now.
[/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"]

I agree with TB on this one. She says one thing at the time to look good then changes her mind when it comes up in her campaign.. 'oh i didnt mean it THAT way...'

Im just wondering what sort of NAFTA changes both her and Barack are contemplating. Canada gave lots of concessions to get it ratified and lost alot of jobs.. any changes would have big ramifications. As Im sure there would be in the States.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

You've hit the nail on the head, TB.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

There's so many fundamentally flawed campaign tactics by the Clinton folks in general, its hysterical.
Hillary first started her campaign as "I'm here people, I'm ready, you have to vote for me". This whole experience baloney. She was first lady for 8 years, if being first lady for 8 years is experience, then the alien from another planet Laura Bush is just as qualified to run this country.

That was the essence of her campaign in Iowa it still is prevelant in her campaign as of this morning.

Second, she stock piled a bunch of money for a general campaign that is only to be used in a general campaign. So now she has zero in her war chest even though she really has 10's of millions. stupid.

Third, she has the worst people around her in the history of campaigning. Instead of creating a ground support, grass roots campaign like Obama has done (which is why he's taking all the states, he has a freaking army). She had no planning past "Super Tuesday". The plan was that this Obama guy would be finished by Super Tuesday.
She has no ground movement or campaign strategy in the states past the Feb. 5.  She is right now has 3 people in her campaign (Bill and her long time campaign advisor). Right now Hillary and Mike Huckabee are running the same if you can call it "campaign". Huckabee's group of people just consists of his family and he goes to a couple churches, has no money and gets on tv.  That's essentially what Hillary is doing. She's going to rallies held by her good friends of Bill basically. She has absolutely no strategy.

Fourth, her small group of people are giving opposing advice evident with the "nice Hillary" in Texas and the "Shame on You, mocking Hillary" in Ohio. One person is saying play nice the other is saying be like a Clinton. It's not too hard to figure out which one is telling her to go the shame on you route. That would be Bill. I know everyone outside of the United States freaking loves the Clinton's but you've got to understand what damage those two and their people have done to the Democratic Party. Basically they're a virus. You've got Canadian and British examples in the Labour Party rifts between Tony Blair and the old guard, except in that situation nobody really has followed the Blairites on the grass roots level. Then in Canada with the Martin/Chreitien split and the P.C. party splitting in the west under Mulroney.

Clinton though, got everyone to rally around him and became el dictator of the party. Obama represents more or less the end of the Clinton's and their arrogance.

5. Clinton's never take responsiblity for anything (think Mulroney), it's always somebody elses fault. "right wing conspiracy" now its "the media is after me". Crybabies. They've only cared about themselves and power. They're so polarizing I have an NRA/Limbaugh/way out there republican neighbour who thinks the Clinton's are responsible for countless assassinations so they could stay in power. This so called Clinton machine.

6. Clinton fatigue. All the democrats needed to find was a credible candidate that didn't sound crazy, didn't come from the "coasts" or openly be a huge backer of hollywood elites (a Gore type of guy). Obama is that person. He gets republicans in Illinois to vote for him and Southern Illinois isn't exactly friendly to democrats and farmers actually like Obama. (totally shocked me). He doesn't come off as a snob.

Sportsdude

Federal Tories  and Liberals against getting rid of Nafta:

[h1][a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080227/wl_canada_nm/canada_usa_nafta_col;_ylt=Ah3xqHKcKkxSKiXdcjhqQh.jbA8F"]                                         Canada concerned about protectionism if NAFTA dies[/a][/h1]

TehBorken

Lol!

[a  href="http://www.hillaryclintonisyournewbicycle.com/"]http://www.hillaryclintonisyournewbicycle.com/[/a]

and:

[a  href="http://barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com/"]http://barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com/[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

John

you could put a rotting banana in the White House and it would still do a better job than Bush. So Obama or Clinton...whatever!! I am Canadian and can't vote there anyways. I hope for the best for the USA with this election.