Tribute to Moldy Music

Started by Lil Me, Feb 11 08 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

The ex radio station LG73 did a parody called "Lady Named Fred".  This must have been in 1985 or 86.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Michel wrote:
lol I can virtualy hear the tune.

Shall we dance?  

purelife

Michel wrote:
Sure but just let me wear those furry handcuff if you want to be "respected" young lady lol

And 3-inch heels? ;)

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

i found a vinyl record of hotel california once in my parents storage, wasn't my dad's of course, he only listens to classical music. Also found Don McLean's American Pie vinyl.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

This morning I heard the schmaltzy "If Ever You're in My Arms Again" by Peabo Bryson in the fruit&veg market.  Now I can't get rid of the song and I wanna stick a fork in my eye.

If ever you're in my arms again  
 This time I'll love you much better  
 If ever you're in my arms again  
 This time I'll hold you forever  
 This time will never end

Sportsdude

Nah I think the 80s standard is A-ha and Take on Me.

You either love or loathe that song. lol

Lil Me

Whatcha talkin about?!
 I have that song on my MP3 for the gym :)

Lil Me

Sportsdude

I love the song just saying it
s 80s. Drunk karaoke guys trying to hit the high note at parties are always fun to watch. Always fun, mad props though to the singer of the band, he's still able to hit that pitch now and he's almost 50.

Lil Me

Here's a moldy "stuck in your head" tune:
 Windy by The Association

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Does the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga fly or float?:
If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview