Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle

Started by Lil Me, Sep 14 07 09:14

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

oops, posted twice...dunno what happened there.

What the? LOL
[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]rd[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]wei[/td][td]o[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="b37a51baa5b1322b2fc9c9472ea2ef7c" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"]

P.C.

Many many years ago, I picked up 8 pieces of really thick glass at a garage sale.  They are the size of a dinner placemat.  So I use them for.....you guessed it....placemats.  I LOVE these things.  You can put whatever you like under them to fit whatever theme you like.  I also got 8 that fit a round table.  (the whole works for 2 bucks.  The edges are rounded and smooth.

I stick autumn leaves under them for Thanksgiving.  Christmas cards or pics at Christmas.  Print off different pictures of the guest of honour.....birthday boy or whoever.  Sometimes I've used some interesting clips or funny stories just to read....sprinkle some confetti....etc.  For kids, you can put in search and find pics to keep them amused.  (a lot of this stuff printed off the computer)  Well you get the picture.....the ideas are endless.  (even just cut up shapes of coloured paper or pretty pics from thrift store magazines.  You can even make some very elegant settings)

Anyways....the point being.....they're wipeable.  No placemats to wash, and your tablecloth gets many more than one use.  Best 2 bucks I ever spent.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

They'd also be useful for 'preserving' completed jigsaw puzzles.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

JJ

Use cloth bags at the grocery store instead of the plastic bags.  Here's are site that has some interesting ones:    [A href="http://www.bringyourownbag.ca/bag_collection.html"]http://www.bringyourownbag.ca/bag_collection.html[/A]

49er

several large businesses (eg. IKEA) here are beginning to charge customers for plastic bags......money collected are donated to recycling centers/programs.  Several Bay Area municipalities have banned the use of styrofoam containers

|