Is it a long weekend in the USA this weekend?

Started by CURIOUS, Feb 15 08 11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

CURIOUS

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario get Monday off as a stat holiday (Family Day).

BC does not!

Does the USA get Monday off for any holiday?

Anyone?

purelife

It's President's Day on Monday but not sure if everyone there gets a day off.

Lil Me

CURIOUS wrote:
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario get Monday off as a stat holiday (Family Day). --

GRRR.  My bank is calling Monday a stat.  They're not posting transactions until Tues.  Obviously, they think everyone lives in Toronto.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

CURIOUS

I am not sure why all of Canada doesn't get this holiday. Mid February is a nice time of year to have a day off with pay.

purelife

I agree.  But some provinces don't celebrate certain holidays like we do.  ie BC Day and Remembrance Day

purelife

Michel wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]Mid February is a nice time of year to have a day off with pay.[/SPAN]

Correction : mid whatever is a nice time of year to have a day off with pay.  

Do you mean like anything below the waist?

CURIOUS

Just a note on BC day. Most people in BC think that holiday is not used in other provinces, but it is. It is just called "Civic Holiday", or simple August Long Weekend across Canada.

I also think Ontario is the only place that doesn't recognize Remembrance Day.

Happy Long Weekend, to those that get one.

CURIOUS

Ah, thank you for clarification.

Crazy how much Quebec contributes to sending troops, and Ontario has the "Highway of Heroes", yet Remembrance Day is not an official holiday!??

purelife

Michel wrote:
Yeah her name is Pay, the sexy Pinay and I want a day off to have a nice time with her exploring her mid whatever, I admit it... lol    
Then you could strike a deal with the top portion.

Michel

Michel

[p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0mm 0mm 0pt;"][span lang="EN-US"][o:p][/o:p][/span][/p][a href="http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/operations/current_ops_f.asp"][/a]