Woah Nelly! It's a Gay Jesus!

Started by Sportsdude, Jan 20 08 03:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

omg omg
its the end of the world
[a href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080120/entertainment/australia_religion_gay"]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080120/entertainment/australia_religion_gay[/a]

Australian church leaders have condemned a play shortly to open in Sydney depicting Jesus as a gay man who is seduced by Judas, a report said Sunday. The play, named Corpus Christi, is due to open next month as part of the city's annual Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, Sydney's Sun-Herald newspaper reported.[/p] A senior Sydney churchman called the play "historical nonsense".[/p] "It is deliberately, not innocently, offensive and they're obviously having a laugh about it," Robert Forsyth, Anglican bishop of South Sydney, was quoted saying.[/p] Apart from the relations between Jesus and Judas, the play also features Jesus conducting a gay marriage between two apostles.[/p] The play's director Leigh Rowney, who claims to be a Christian, accepted the play would offend some Christians but said he was keen to provoke debate about Christianity.[/p] "I wanted this play in the hands of a Christian person like myself to give it dignity but still open it up to answering questions about Christianity as a faith system," Rowney was quoted saying.[/p] Playwright Terrence McNally, who is gay, received death threats when the work was performed in the United States, the newspaper said.[/p]

[/p]------[/p]oh how christian, death threats. lol[/p]
[/p]
[/p]Jesus' official comment: "wink"[/p]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

It's pretty bizarre for those of the faith to be doing the ostrich thing concerning homosexuality.  I'm sure (well not really) homosexuality was alive and well in biblical times.

On the other hand, if in fact it was this guys intention to deliberately be a mud disturber....shame on him.  

Ya know....religion would be a lot easier to swallow, if people just followed the 'live and let live' rule.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

from my experience the big 3 mono-theistic religions, as a whole, don't want to get along. Then they don't want to get along within their denominations. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."