Worst Gift You've Ever Received

Started by Lil Me, Dec 10 07 04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

a celine dion cd that was opened cuz she listened to it before giving it to me and i'm not a huge fan of her music

how about you, LM?

Lil Me

Hmmmm.  I have not-too fond memories of receiving handknit ITCHY wool sweaters as a kid.

And one year a relative gave me the concert programme (obviously read) from The Jacksons Victory Tour ('85?) a good 8 months after the concert.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

i haven't gotten anything really bad.
lol I was watching bill murray's scrooge and I keep remembering him giving the girl a box of knives for christmas. HAHAHA!!

oh wait, my right wing neighbours gave me a republican party christmas card. that was classic. They always tried to convert me, lol.

Got a tractor sweater in high school with my name on it and a tractor, everyone male in the family got one signifying we were farmers or something. Would have been great for elementary school, but high school?
Always get farm hats for christmas with the family name on them and everything. Still wear those. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Aftershave year after year. For someone who has a beard this is just about the most useless thing he could be given.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

lol
 You could apply it to your beard and neck.  Give yourself a nice cologne-y smell.

Sportsdude

are they still calling it cologne or is it now perfume. My russian friend says "no what are you kidding, its male perfume never heard of cologne."  

P.C.

Actually cologne and perfume are different.  The differences are a matter of the amount or concentration of oils in the fragrance. The highest concentration is in perfume. Next would be Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, and finally Eau de Cologne.

Actually, Eau de Toilette and Eau de Cologne are generally interchangeable, particularly in Men's fragrances. After Shave has the least amount of oils.

Perfumes have 3 layers...each layer with a different scent.  Colognes are a single scented fragrance.  Kind of like good scotch or superb scotch.....lol

[P align=justify][FONT face=Arial size=2][/FONT]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Anyways.....worst gift.  Hmmm.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a213.gif" border=0]

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
are they still calling it cologne or is it now perfume. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]My russian friend[/FONT] says "no what are you kidding, its male perfume never heard of cologne."

Is it only Russians who call it perfume rather than cologne?  

Well, my white friend calls it cologne.

Sportsdude

He kept saying "nooo pleeease are you nuts? in Europe you will get laughed at if you say "cologne" such nonsense." lol

I was like hmm you sure? I was under the impression it is called cologne, that's what I grew up with here in north america.

P.C.

Well tell him that in France they say Pomme de terre....but here we just say potato, and nobody laughs.    

Sportsdude

its a lost cause from me regardless.

Oh that Pomme de Terre is a name of a bunch of neighbourhoods back home. the goofyness of suburbia. lol  

P.C.

How romantic.  Potato Street.

Sportsdude

they're oblvious to it i tell yeah. They did a survey among educated adults and then of high schoolers, (i remember the survey) 90% of the people in the area couldn't figure out why we corn on our flags and didn't know the city was founded by the french from Quebec even though a majority of the streets and city names are french names. go figure.