Man Chuggs 1L Vodka in Airport Line

Started by Lil Me, Dec 14 07 03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

[span id="article"][span id="intelliTXT"] [font color="#000000" face="Verdana,Sans-serif" size="2"]Man Drinks Liter of Vodka at Airport Line[/font][font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font size="1"]
[/font][font size="1"][span class="L8"][span class="oldL8"]Dec 12,  5:56 PM (ET)

[/span][/span][/font][/font][/span] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"][span id="article"][div class="KonaBody"][span id="intelliTXT"] BERLIN (AP) - A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.[/p] The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.[/p] New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.[/p] Instead, he chugged the bottle down - and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.
 [/p] Full Story:
 [a href="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071212/D8TG6F4O0.html"]http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071212/D8TG6F4O0.html[/a]
 [/p] [/span][/div][/span][/font][/font][/span]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I don't like to be harsh.....but.....what an idiot.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/c020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Well, "waste not, want not..."  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Reminds me of once when I was flying from the former Yugoslavia, an elderly woman who was laden down with bottles of wine and spirits, drank the whole lot before the plane touched down - just to avoid paying any duty.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

It was pretty common sight at the San Francisco airport to see people having impromtu wine parties a few years ago when this restriction was first introduced.  Tourists visiting the Napa Valley wineries discovered too late they could not carry the bottles of wine they had purchased onto the planes home.......so they would buy sour dough bread at the airport stores and partied.

P.C.

At least that sounds a little more civilized than chugging a bottle of vodka.

Lil Me

Impromptu airport party? Visions of strangers staggering around with their arms around each other singing "Those were the days my friend..."  

Gopher

Sounds like a good idea. Which airport, when??
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

If 49er has the time to make a run to Napa, I'd suggest SFO.  I'll buy the Boudin bread.  

P.C.

I'll bring some brie and seedless grapes.

Lil Me

THANK YOU!  I do not like grapes with seeds.  I used to eat them when my mother removed the seeds (out of safety), but she hasn't done that since I was about 4 years old.  So if there are no seedless grapes avail, I just don't eat grapes!  

P.C.

So I guess you're not a fan of that cheese that has the 'crust' of crushed grape seeds.

Lil Me

Sportsdude

this reminds me of when I was landing in Vancouver. Sat next to a guy from Memphis on the plane from Houston, he just got tanked with wine on the plane(was on vacation). 5 little 8oz bottles of wine, passed out before we landed. Got out of the plane, and fell over.

lol what a great way to start out in the "new country" for me.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."