How much to drink during office party?

Started by Lise, Nov 18 07 04:34

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

This has turned out rather amusing.  All these tips for sneaking around to NOT drink.  HAHAHAHAAAAA
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well i fooled people for years at house parties with sweet tea in a really small glass. It does work.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I suppose it works.  If you want to drink tea at a party.

Having a couple cocktails does not equal a slovenly drunkard.  (well.....necessarily) [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/e030.gif" border=0]

Googler

To drink or not to drink.  That is the question.

For more appropriate answers, please visit my site at [A href="http://www.google.ca"]www.google.ca[/A].

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.  

Until such time, we shall meet again.  

P.C.

So....what you're saying is that Google is in financial ruin?  They are sending out recruits now ?  

Googler

Google likes this site.  

Repeat after me.  I [heart] Google.  Please add this group to your facebook.

And remember, you can visit me at www.google.ca.

purelife

Hmmm, sweet tea may work at a house but I don't think it would work at a company party because usually, at the bar at most functions, they don't hand out tea bags and hot water.  You don't often get tea or coffee until after your meal.

Lise

Thanks everyone for their contribution. The tea idea does sound neat. Maybe I should grab a bottle of tea and hide in my purse.

I don't think I'll be hanging around the party for long. Just put in enough appearance to let them know I'm there then get the hell outta there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Is your hubby going with you?  I bet you girls at the office have been talking about what to wear, huh? :))

Lil Me

Have fun at your Xmas party, Lise!

You can order iced tea from the bar instead of bringing your own.  Mind you, I shouldn't talk...I'm unashamed to carry my BIG Nalgene water bottle with me everywhere I go.  I've been known to drink from it in restaurants when the waiter is slow with water refills.  *shrugs* Can't go thirsty!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein