I Hate SHAW

Started by P.C., Oct 05 07 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Hey P.C.!  Is your tv fixed?

Just wondering if Mr Saw is listening to hockey like we are, or if he can watch it in full colour?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

what a route  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No Lil Me....they did not correct the problem.  The picture is ok.....it's the sound that keeps 'skipping'.  They will be bringing ANOTHER PVR on Wednesday.  Amazingly enough he is not watching hockey.....he is watching Crash Science.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yeah who wants to watch the hockey massacre. I'm waiting for F1 qualifying on TSN.
Watched the first period and had enough, don't need the headache on top of the headache I already have. lol

P.C.

Do you think it's serious SD ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

yes very, I need a lobotomy. This head doesn't feel right, need a new one, pronto.  

P.C.

So, another cable boy out here today.

Why can't they just say.....We have no idea what is wrong.  We haven't got a clue.  We intend to charge you for full service, regardless of the compromised service you have received this last month...because we can.

I think I might have more respect for this.  Each one has contradicted the last.  Each one has claimed that the cause is 'loose' connections on the back of the digital box ......each one tightened them.....the problem persists.  Each one has suggested that it is getting a poor signal......each one has checked it, with a different result......and showed me the results on their 'Signal Checker Outer'.....which means nadda to me.

Waaaaaaaaaaa !  

Hmm

That's Shaw policy...to deny.  A few times I got an older tech for my internet to come in and he was brutally honest but of course, head office disagreed with him.   I knew he was telling the truth.  He was probably a shop steward or something with Shaw who wasnt afraid to say it like it is. However, I doubt Telus is better, probably worse.

P.C.

I think the frustration begins with their lack of accessibility.  I should not have had to spend hours selecting options from a menu and sitting on hold LONG DISTANCE. (or sitting on hold that long period).  Telus is worse.  For a communications company.....they have a lot to learn about communicating with their customers.  

I always get a chuckle out of the term 'service call'.

(I still have to give kudos to the one fellow who came out.  He wasn't from our area, but was dragged out here to cover one of their screw-ups.  He was knowledgeable and personable. A rarity in these industries these days)

The ultimate frustration is that I will be expected to pay full price for less than full service.    

Lil Me

They will adjust your bill for the days you were "without service" if you ask :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Really ?

They were totally unwilling to adjust my bill for a pay per view movie I didn't order.

Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Thanks Lil Me.

Lil Me

Can't hurt to ask :)