Vancouver's buses are dangerous!

Started by wyk, Oct 06 07 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Sportsdude

it's a high stress job.
high stress jobs drive you nuts. Look at air traffic controllers for example.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

ah, sorry, didn't comprehend what you were saying. my bad.

at least the person can take a sick day, i never could.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

lazy

yet another thread about Sportsdude.  

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
it's a high stress job.
high stress jobs drive you nuts. Look at air traffic controllers for example.

Since when bus driving became a high stress job?  Look at the school bus drivers who get paid a fraction of these regular bus drivers yet you don't see them behaving like these guys

Lil Me

I think "Transit Operators" often have difficulty with other aspects of their job- collecting fares, ejecting people from the bus, etc.  

I read an article a while back about the schedule they adhere to in Vancouver- oftentimes, there's not enough time to go to the bathroom.  If there's a scheduled "break" at the end of the route when the bus is parked, the driver can run to use the bathroom- but if there has been a delay because of traffic accident or whatever, no time for that.  Gotta continue driving and stay on schedule!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

babyphat

[span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]i have positive storey:[/span][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]there was one bus driver who was always  happy to bring on passengers.  he would talk to almost evryone.  he was known to sing when he drove over the usual bridge (i can't remember which one) and make his passengers laugh and feel happy.  i wish that i had met this driver when i took busses.[/span][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]though, i did come across one driver who love to talk canuck language with me, all the time.  and one driver who was the happiest i've ever seen driving the #3 Main Street from teh main sky station. he made evry1 in the bus laugh.  [/span][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]i talk to bus drivers when i get the chance to, and lil miss sunshine (lil me) is right 'n i agee wit her.  lots of bus drivers work hard and try to make time schedule.  and most of time run out and grab qucik coffee and bathrom break.  then, there are those who take advantage of system by not wanting to pay or pay less or something and some of those ppl want to cause fights with bus drivers.[/span][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]i saw lots in my lifetime...too much to write [/span][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][br style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(160, 64, 255);"]phew...my longest post evar[/span]

P.C.

I have a good bus driver story too.  I haven't even been on a bus for YEARS. (that's not the good story)

When I used to work at the data center in Van....6 til midnight.....the last bus I took home usually only had about 10 people on it by the near end of the route.  There was a young guy and girl, both blind, that used to play in a symphony, and practise always ran late.  They took the same route as I did.  The bus driver, when he got to their stop, would walk them home from their stop.  Everyone on the route was more than OK with it.  It took him about 10 minutes.  (mind you, that was a long time ago.....probably couldn't leave the bus like that now)  

Michel

babyphat

that's a very nice story, pc.

i think there are still nice and good hearted peeple out there.

P.C.

It always made me feel good at the end of a hard day at work.  He used to walk them home....then SPRINT FULL OUT back to the bus.

gentle fawn

[FONT color=#ff00ff]I RILLY LIEK TEH NU VANCOUV3R BUESS!!!11111! LOL HAS ANYONE ELS3 3NJOYAD THEM?!?!? OMG LOL[/FONT]

P.C.

I haven't seen them yet.  

Do you go on the busses by yourself gentle fawn?  

|