Something to think about

Started by P.C., Sep 28 07 09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

OK....I know this is kind of morbid......BUT....worth giving some thought.

What would you do if you were told you only had 6 months to live?  Are there things that you have on the 'some day' list?  What would you set up to leave behind for your kids?  What would be your priorities?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I would take my family on a trip, do whatever I can within the 6 months. I will make sure they are taken care of, financially and emotionally. Spend the time to let them know that I'll be OK and tell them that they are the greatest thing that ever happen to me.

Nevermind the 6 month period, I tell them right now. Each day. That I'm proud of them and that I love them very much.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Sweet Lise.  Sounds like you're already living each day to its fullest.  Good for you !!!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c015.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

Yeesh.  I think I would apologize to people for things that happened in the past and "make peace".
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

hmm 6 months... gosh that's a tough one.
Well that trip to Europe would happen. Albeit it wouldn't be as fun.
Go to my designated favourite places in the world list that have some kind of childhood or happy memory. Niagra Falls is the first one I can think of, went their on my birthday, best birthday ever. Cape Cod riding the bikes up the coast, D.C., Vancouver, Rocky mountains.
Happy memory places.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

well

P.C. wrote:
 OK....I know this is kind of morbid......BUT....worth giving some thought.

What would you do if you were told you only had 6 months to live?  Are there things that you have on the 'some day' list?  What would you set up to leave behind for your kids?  What would be your priorities?

The reality is that in MOST cases you would be too sick to do anything if you are in that situation.  You would have to make peace with those who you wronged.   You may not even be able to sign any documents in that condition.

purelife

I would continue living my life for those 6 months.  I wouldn't quit my job nor change too much.  If I died tomorrow, I have already lived a life that I wanted and am happy.  

JJ

I first wouldn't believe any doctor who gave me 6 months to live.  But if I was getting ready to the end I wouldn't travel, too much worry for family & friends if you're ill.  I would just have as much quality family time that I could!

P.C.

I would spend some time writing letters for my kids....to be opened at milestones in their lives.  Write a few brief stories of some family history.  I also don't think I would tell anyone..... I would want the remaining time to be real.....not altered by guilt or pity.  (although I bounce back and forth on that decision)

ripper

I would tell everyone who is of some importance in my life that i love them. I would also like to tie up some loose ends. For the people that i have offended, i would humbly apologize and ask for their forgiveness. For people who have offended me, i would take a bat and beat the living daylights right outta them.

Gopher

Give away all the things that I'd otherwise leave to the same people in my will
A fool's paradise is better than none.